Your Stuff Gets Raptured [EDH]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"As she grew, she learned to share her rapture with others."

The idea behind this deck is to fill the graveyard and set up Replenish or a similar spell to put Opalescence + Parallax Wave + Parallax Tide + Parallax Nexus out. My opponents cards get raptured. It's my cards that are left behind.

Commander:
1 Lady Evangela

1 Academy Rector
1 Angelic Renewal
1 Arcane Denial
1 Arcane Lighthouse
1 Arid Mesa
1 Aura of Silence
1 Baleful Strix
1 Bazaar of Baghdad
1 Bloodstained Mire
1 Brainstorm
1 Brilliant Restoration
1 Careful Study
1 Command Tower
1 Copy Enchantment
1 Counterspell
1 Crucible of Worlds
1 Cyclonic Rift
1 Damn
1 Dance of the Manse
1 Dark Petition
1 Darksteel Mutation
1 Demonic Tutor
1 Dig Through Time
1 Displacer Kitten
1 Dovin's Veto
1 Enlightened Tutor
1 Entomb
1 Estrid's Invocation
1 Expedition Map
1 Felidar Guardian
1 Flooded Strand
1 Force of Will
1 Frantic Search
1 Generous Gift
1 Ghostly Prison
1 Godless Shrine
1 Grateful Apparition
1 Hall of Heliod's Generosity
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Hanna, Ship's Navigator
1 Idyllic Tutor
1 Intuition
3 Island
1 Kami of False Hope
1 Lim-Dûl's Vault
1 Mana Drain
1 Marsh Flats
1 Maze of Ith
1 Minamo, School at Water's Edge
1 Misty Rainforest
1 Mother of Runes
1 Mox Diamond
1 Mystical Tutor
1 Oblivion Ring
1 Opalescence
1 Open the Vaults
1 Otawara, Soaring City
1 Parallax Nexus
1 Parallax Tide
1 Parallax Wave
4 Plains
1 Polluted Delta
1 Propaganda
1 Replenish
1 Resurgent Belief
1 Rhystic Study
1 Scalding Tarn
1 Scrubland
1 Seal of Cleansing
1 Seal of Removal
1 Search for Azcanta
1 Serra's Sanctum
1 Smothering Tithe
1 Sol Ring
1 Sphere of Safety
1 Strip Mine
1 Supreme Verdict
1 Swamp
1 Swords to Plowshares
1 Tameshi, Reality Architect
1 Terminus
1 Thirst for Meaning
1 Thrummingbird
1 Toxic Deluge
1 Treasure Cruise
1 Tundra
1 Underground Sea
1 Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
1 Vampiric Tutor
1 Verdant Catacombs
1 Wasteland
1 Watery Grave
1 Windfall
1 Windswept Heath

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Played this one once. Initially, Lady Evangela protected me, but I started to fall behind on board position, then someone's Displacement Wave bounced all my enchantments. I ate a couple of attacks while redeploying enchantments and getting Serra's Sanctum to produce more mana again, but saw that I might have an opening. The Open the Vaults in hand, I cast an end of turn Intuition for Opalescence, Parallax Wave, and Parallax Tide. No one was able to stop me, so my deck did its thing.

If you don't remember the combo, here's how it works. Opalescence makes my non-aura enchantments also count as creatures with power and toughness equal to their mana value. So Parallax Wave and Parallax Tide come in as 4/4 creatures with 5 fade counters each. I can exile up to 5 of my own lands with Parallax Tide, then exile Parallax Tide itself with Parallax Wave, so that my lands come back untapped. Then I can exile Parallax Wave using its own ability, which causes it and Parallax Tide to re-enter the battlefield with 5 fade counters again. I can repeat this process for infinite mana. I can also stack activations of Parallax Tide on my opponents' lands, but respond by exiling Parallax Tide with Parallax Wave. Parallax Tide leave the battlefield, then the stack reaches its activations and 5 lands get exiled with no way to come back. Similarly, I can stack Parallax Wave activations on opposing creatures, then respond by using Parallax Wave to exile itself. It re-enters the battlefield as a new object with 5 fade counters and the creatures all get exiled with no way to come back. By manipulating the stack, I can permanently exile all opposing lands, creatures, and non-aura enchantments, as well as being able to temporarily exile my own permanents of those types and return them to the battlefield as much as I like. Once that's done, I just beat people to death with 4/4 enchantments.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Won another game. It got pretty involved with all players jostling for advantage from different angles. I was playing a pretty defensive role at first, and it worked well enough that I wasn't the main target until it started to become too late. Cards like Rhystic Study and Mother of Runes ate removal, then I set up Opalescence + Parallax Wave. None of my opponents could deal with that, so after a few turns they started all working together against me, while I divided my own attention between trying to score attacks against the planeswalkers of the Atraxa Superfriends deck and making sure that I could protect my own enchantments. Eventually, I topdecked Lim-Dul's Vault and was able to get Intuition, fetching Parallax Tide, Parallax Nexus, and Oblivion Ring. Open the Vaults got all my enchantments back. Exiling all opposing hands is a good way to probably have the win locked down. Only now, I feel a little bit guilty.

But just a little bit. Not a lot.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Taking this one apart. It kept winning, and pretty much always with Opalescence + Parallax Wave shenanigans. I was curious to see whether it could turn the game around after a Bojuka Bog, which would have exiled my Opalescence, but the player targeted the guy with a graveyard full of Shadowborn Apostles instead. I think that this is the second deck I've run Tameshi in, and both times Tameshi would probably have just been the superior choice for commander. Oh well.