Your Planeshift experience

T

TaLoN

Well i just got back from the Planeshift Prerelease PA(the one in Norristown.) Anyway Planeshift is a great set. Gating is totally good with kicker. How many times have you kickered a creature say shivan emissary(kicker 1B- destroy target nonblack creature) only to have them drop an even bigger threat the next turn? Well gating helps with kicker so much. The whole set just seems so fun. How did your prerelease go?
Rares i got from sealed deck
Planeshift
Dralnu's Pet
Radiant Kavu
Forsaken Wastes(i knew i would get the bad land :()
Skyship Weatherlight
and the Prerelease promo
Invasion
Sunscape Master
Teferi's Moat
Molimo, Maro-Sorcerer
All in all, today was great. One thing i would like to say is that the spoilers or some of them had the rarities on some of the cards wrong like one spoiler said terminate was rare and another said it was common. Any feedback??

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Sealed Deck:
Invasion:
Utopia Tree
Reya Dawnbringer
something I can't remember

Planeshift:
Planeswalker's Scorn
Magnigoth Treefolk
Eladamri's Call

Ransac, cpa trash man

Z

Zadok001

I went 4-3 at the Prerelease (ditto that for the other Guildmagi in attendance). My eventual rares included two Orim's Chants, a March of Souls, and a Radiant Kavu (and a foily Rith's Charm!).

I had an ENORMOUS amount of fun. GO PLANESHIFT!!!! I can't wait for IBC!

H

Hetemti

I got up 4am.
I drove three hours through Super Bowl traffic and 14 toll booths to get to the mall where the Florida Prerelease was to be held.
I wait half an hour after they started distrabution to get my sealed deck because noöne could figure out where they were supposed to sit despite the printout reading "TABLE-NAME."
I spend 15 minutes hunting for a pen.
I open and register the worst sealed deck I'd ever seen.
Very cumbersomly I might add, since for some ungodly reason, they didn't have Planeshift on their log sheets and had to whip something up onsite and print the Planeshift half on the back of the sheets.
The deck goes back to the judges.
Then we hear: "Just a reminder...if you want to keep the cards you have, you may go to a judge and drop from the tournament."
Oh, goodie. All the decent cards just got pulled from the environment cuz' the guys who opened them are gonna walk.
The melee continues as people berate each other over being in the wrong seat.
36! There's an opening in seat 36! I can sit now.
Here comes the deck guy! Over here...
He looks at me..."All out, I'll be back in a minute."
...grrrr.....
-=later=-
Deck guy's back! Yea!
He hands me the Brown Baggie of Magical Supremecy. A sealed deck of such power that only the Holy Hand Grenade can survive it's mere presence.
Wait, scratch that.
I open the baggie to find the worst sealed deck ever.
The one I registered just dropped to #2.
After a good 10 minutes of just staring at the sorted piles I came up with a deck that had one path to victory.
Draco.

-=shoot me now=-

Oh, and the guy who logged the deck didn't put his name on it, incorrectly logged all the lands, and didn't even mark four of the cards. I hope it was one of the players who doesn't hold a driver's licence...anyway, thirty mintues (and two proxies for the guy who's Tek and Shivan Oasis were stolen) later, it's game time! w00t.

Game 1-The Girl I played at the last prerelease.
Me-Draco /w RGB trash.
Her-RGWB /w Castable things.

Round 1-Her critters make smash. Me die now.

Round 2-Knowing the fact that she had six 4-power critters and I had 2, I needed DEFENCE. LOTS OF DEFENCE to get Draco out.
Turn 3-Andralite Leech holds the fort down with swamps galore.
Turn 36-Draco comes out to play. I'm Agonized as he meets his Demise.

-=GAME OVER=-

I didn't bother playing another flight. I'd just get more crap.

I went to the Food Court and waited 20 minutes for French Fries. It was worth it. I got 5 Moti's and 7 SandStalkers signed. Andy Robinson was in and out quick. Dan Frazer, however, stayed around and even played janitor, pushing the trash can and collecting the garbage that was laying around.

Cool guy.

Wandered the mall. Watched some uncut DBZ at the tape store. Saw TONS of Warhammer 40k stuff. Huge, massive, collossal displays. Saw some Magic at the store, too. Bought an Invasion starter. It didn't suck for some reason.

Also came across a Superman comic sealed in a white baggie with a huge Superman logo on it. Looked neat, so I got it for $3.

Wandered back to the PreRe. Hot as hell, and twice as foul as it was before.

Trading sucked. Silly T2 players. Persistantly rejecting cards that do things...maybe not awe inspiring things, but things still. They just don't know how much fun crappy cards can be...oh, wait...that's all that Planeshift is...mwahahahahaha!

This bites. Time to go home. Hey, fast food! Hey, big bump! Hey, soda all over my cards! Hey, those aren't my crappy PS cards...those are my GOOD cards! Hey, why am I being tortured today?

I get home at 7pm.

I hate Draco.

...but I still need three more...

B

Baskil

Detroit was a madhouse. I got there at 8:30 am and they already had three 32-person flights full. By 10:00 am, they were out of table space. There were 132 in the main, with four 32-person flights going on with another two waiting for table space. Easily the largest prerelease I've been to (and I've been going since Tempest).

Recieved:

Planar Overlay
Deadpault (with 0 zombies)
Keldon Twighlight

Alabaster Leech
Barrin's Spite (with no good blue)
Foil Reckless Abandon (I never saw it the enire flight)

My rares sucked, but the rest of the pool made up for it. I played R/B/G with tons of burn, and went 4-1, finishing 4th out of 32.

E

Elrond

I enjoyed my day at Dallas a lot.

I got there at 8:00 in the morning and didn't get to play a game until around 11:00, but I got some really good cards out of both flights I was in.

Planeshift:
Ertai
Planar Overlay
Natural Emergence
Samite Elder
Draco
Metor Crater

Invasion:
Blazing Specter
Winnow
Void
and three others I can't remember

The first flight I had plague spores, specter, smoldering tar, bloodstone cameo, and a lot of good blue, red and black stuff so I went B/R/U with two forests and two plains to help with Draco, Exotic Disease and Tribal Flames. I never lost a game when I drew Draco, that guy is amazing. I end up going 2-2 nonetheless with the second loss being a concession for a split of the seven pack prize, we play for the fourth and I lose, but I get a Scuta out of one of the three anyway.

The second flight was bad, I had some good cards, but they just didn't fit right. I made a huge mistake in the last game of the third round, after smashing him the first game and getting a grand total of two land the entire second, when I cast a Vodalian Merchant with no hand and discard the only Scorching Lava I had, he was at two with a creature hoarde that beat mine.

The best part of the day was trading, I now have a complete set of original Elder Dragons, two original Ball Lightnings, an original Kird Ape, five more original Legends legends (I'm trying to get the set of them), a couple of Skizziks, two Sol Rings, two more Mogg Maniacs, a Dralnu's Crusade, and a bunch of other really cool cards that I just can't think of at the moment.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Oh, yeah. Chaos Turtle, the guy that was supposed to be your ride. The whole of team loser(theorgg, sole specter, Ransac, and a non-cpa member) were comtemplating on kicking him squa in the balls for not taking you. Just wanted to let you know.

Ransac, cpa trash man

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

okay here is what i got on my prerelease venture

Planeshift
Doomsday specter
Orims Chant
Planeswalkers Fury

Invasion
Dromar
Void
AEther something or other, I think storm

in trades
foil serra avatar
teeka's dragon
predator flagship
moggcatcher

all in all,I liked planeshift, and can't wait for my box on the 5th...damn i wanted Ertai