Your Magic Role Models

T

terzarima

I beleive this earns a place here is CPA voting forum, instead of the classic questions.

So who is your magic role model(s)?

Z

Zadok001

Jamie Wakefield and Aaron Forsythe.

Jamie for his amazing sense of humor and storytelling, his skill, and wonderful ideas. And, of course, he is the writer I work towards the ideal of.

Aaron for his remarkable even-temperedness. To be perfectly honest, I respect him largely because he didn't return a rather infuriated flame I sent him. Instead, he responded intelligently, carefully taking down my points in a very civil and intellectual manner - Such is the mark of a wise man, and I respect him for it.

Killer Joe

John "Friggin" Rizzo & Aaron Forsythe

Rizzo because,......well um,...........becaaaaaaauuuuse,....okay, okay, I don't have a real reason, be hey, I love his friggin' articles!!!!!!

Aaron Forsythe because he exudes Fun and Excitment in his game play, did you ever see this guy in action!? It's like he's at Kennywood park or something.

T

terzarima

I have tons of Role models. I don’t read many tournament reports, and I didn’t go on Dojo that much so my role models are probably much different than other peoples.

Jason Ness for one, a person in my neighborhood, a level 3 judge in fact, but I don’t admire him just for that. He’s a funny guy, he knows what he’s doing and he makes good decks. Mind you, he has enough cards…

I also have a friend and even though he isn’t really my role model, I respect him a lot. We figure out things at the same time, and even though he got pissed off at me for using the visions version of Teferi’s Puzzle Box and drawing THEN its ability, he’s still a cool guy.

The Ferret, because he combines comedy, swearing, totally offensive stuff and even ocasionally some magic stuff into a well rounded article. (Same thing goes for Mr. Friggin' - Ademis22)

And lastly, David Zadok Stroud. Even though he take a while to reply (unless I offended him :) ) , I enjoy them. He make good decks, he helped make one of the coolest sites on the internet, and he’s a pretty humble guy in my opinion. No kidding, Zadok is my idol :D

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
My mom.

Oh, wait. DON'T PAY ATTENTION TO THAT!!!!!!

I would have to say that, uh, hmmm, uh, well, uh, you see..., um, my role model is, uh, well, I don't really think I have a role model. I usually try to beat them all(I usually fail, though).

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Rando

The kid at the local shop that never wins a single game, but smiles and comes back for more the next week anyway.

It's kind of sad, really, but ya gotta respect his tenacity.

N

NeuroDeus

I was that type of kid once... I lost and lost and lost... until I understood that White was the color to go... and I trashed my first player... the guy who taught me magic...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
WAIT!!!! I just thought of a role model. Tucker Took. Whenever he plays in a tournament, he always plays with a casual deck of his design (Pestilence deck, Soul Sculptor deck, Haunted Crossroads Deck, etc.)

He is a proud member of Team Loser, where the captain is the person with the worst record at the most recent tournament.

I salute you, Tucker!

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Namielus

Wakefield by far, he is godlike at the game not to mention he responded to my artical about him...

D

DÛke

...but I used to read a lot of Zadok's articles. I don't anymore since I quit Magic.

I don't like much of the others...when I read an article, I want it right to the point, YET still flexible and humorous at times...I want it effective yet insane...

Zadok does that sometimes...

...read his article "There's no Blue"...or something like that...one of my favorites. :)

C

Cateran Emperor

I try to follow in the footsteps of Crovax, as I too am aspiriing to be an Evincar.

D

Duel

I'd say Wakefield, since he piloted his own school of thought against popular belief, and designed and qualified with his own deck for a pro tour. Not to mention his mad writing skillz....

/me is not leet

And, then, probably either The Ferret or one of the guys who got onto WOTC R&D. The Ferret because he runs the best magic articles on the web right now, as well as being an excellent writer himself and a decent player (He Q'd for Barcelona, didn't he?), and the guys on R&D because that's such a damn cool job! I want that job!

S

Sammy Dead-O

I respect anyone who keeps a level head about Magic as a game and who values its social interaction. I liked the story in the Sideboard about Ben Ronaldson's deciding he'd rather not play against Arto Hiltunen due to Hiltunen's seemingly childish enforcement of "rules." Maybe it's not role model material, but it's cool.

I also like James Ernest a lot. He's the Cheapass Games guy; he's designed some cool Magic-related free games (given out at conventions and available for sale online), and he even did the art for the card Reality Twist. Seems to be just an all-around talented and cool guy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't really have one or had one. The closest maybe was Zak Dolan, just because he was the "first big name" in Magic, and maybe Olle Rade 'cause he had weird decks and seemed to be well-regarded by others on the circuit.

D

Darsh

I'll have to go with FoundationOfRancor. I like Green, and I like Rancor I guess. Zadok and Almindhra are great too.

lol

A

Almindhra

Darsh, you are not serious...Me as a role model??...*?!?!?!?*...

My role models are people I know, have watched, and tried to learn from...

Luke...He is the best player in the circle...And, he has an uncanny ability to count cards and know everything...And understands the stack, scary...Although he does have trouble reading cards correctly (Oath and Tangle)...

YJ...Just cause he is a friendly player, which I can only aspire to be...And, he doesn't seem to angry when he loses, although matt says differently...

D

Darsh

...I don't know if I'm serious or not. I think I am. lol

I guess I could learn from a lot of the CPAers...including you Almindhra. I happen to like Black and Red a lot, and hate White. We have something in common Doe.

A

Almindhra

Actually Darsh, I am being tainted by the evil side, and I am now a B/U fanatic...Oh, I'm so terribly evil now!!...

But thanks for the compliment...:)...