You may or may not be interested in this...

B

Baskil

(Don't worry, there will be no speak of politics from me concerning this. I really couldn't care less)

For those of you who were fans of Shawn Houtsinger's articles here (Scrub's Corner), it has found a new (and hopefully permanent) home.

http://www.ccgprime.com/mtg/columns/sh/sh1.htm

(slowly but surely, we'll have the biggest writing stable on the planet ;) )

Killer Joe

I liked Houts' articles and do not recall seeing much obscene language, it could be because it was already edited.
I'm sorry to see him go, I had personally invited him to the CPA way back when he was on MTGnews. I do remember that someone gave him a reaming, though, for posting his articles in the General Discussion area instead of submitting them as articles (was that YOU Mr. Pestilence?).
Anyway.
Hey Baskil, I have always wanted to write this: "Baskil Day", you know, like: "Bastille Day" from Rush? No? Oh well, I'm an OLD Dork.

Killer Joe

I just visited ccgprime and went right to the LINK section and could NOT find the link to the CPA! But you have the Friggin' Charm school linked?
Wuz Up Wit Dat!?

B

Baskil

After the interview tonight gets posted (probably on sunday) we'll have a link up. Generally we only link to sites we've done interviews with.

A

arhar

I've always liked his articles and will continue to read them.

S

superguy

I read pretty much every single article posted on the CPA, even when I was a lurker. No I mean the I read the front page articles cause I had no time and was too lazy to post anything. And Houts' articles were very good. I could understand why he's mad, but I also see Istanbul's and Ed's point of view. I am personally against swearing, but I don't know why he quit when his articles were edited.

A

Apollo

Well, our hosts have said a few times that swearing won't be tolerated. I don't think Ed and Isty had much choice in the matter, but I would be for editing swearing regardless.

Anyway, it's his decisions, and I wish him luck at CCGPrime.

Hope the interview goes well.

I

Istanbul

Quite frankly, I didn't want him to leave.

Of course, after first lying to me about Ed OK'ing swearing, then being *extremely* rude to me in e-mail, I wasn't cheering for him to stay...but all it would have taken was a more careful choice of words. Profanity is *never* necessary.

It speaks of a lack of maturity on his part that he couldn't/wouldn't post without it. He found a new home that will tolerate his profanity, good for him. But after his behavior during this fiasco, as much as I liked his articles and wanted him to improve them instead of leaving, I'm not weeping at his loss.

Have fun with him.

[Edited by Istanbul on 01-19-01 at 01:47 AM]

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, it was more myself who was editing his articles (Isty may have done it a coupel times while I was away). It wasn't that bad, mostly the use of "buttocks" (if you catch my drift). And as we "discussed" after one of his articles, some uses are borderline-okay (like kick-buttocks) while others were not (like "the game sucked buttocks").

Anyhoo, I haven't been over there to see if any reasons were given for going over there, but if it does say "because of excessive editing", well, <shrug> what can I say? All I can say is that there's more than one Magic site and if he felt ours didn't fit his style, then he had to do what he had to do.

If he left because of "article content" (why others seem to not be submitting as much), I have to heave another <shrug>. I don't think anyone had a problem that they WEREN'T article material...

R

Rando

"Houts" was here?

See what you miss when you go away for a while to pursue other interests.

And then he left? Because he was edited?

If that's the case, then he's little more then a cry-baby. If that's not the case then I withdraw my previous statement until I have more info.

...I've been gone too long. Anything else interesting happen while I was out?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Houts was here for a faily long while, he might have been here before you, Rando. You'd have to check the date on his earliest article to be sure.

R

Rando

Well, I'll be damned, but your right, he joined a full month before me.

And I never noticed. I knew I could be thick sometimes, but not that thick.

R

Rando

How about Ran-didley-dawdaly-O?
Or Ran-a-dang-a-ding-dong-O?

Or the ever popular Rip-ran-a-dan-a-O?