You make the Card(s): some cards in the making.

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date
F

Force of Will Smith

Hello everyone.. i thought i'd run some ideas by you before i made them into cards, partially because i havent or am not sure if i have an image lying around that would work...

Staggering Ruin 2R Sorcery
Both players reveal cards from their library until they reveal a land card.
The first player to reveal a land card destroys target land.
The player whose land was last destroyed chooses if they wish to repeat
this process.

Strangling Vapors 2U enchantment
Whenever a creature becomes tapped, put a fate counter on it. Creatures with fate counters on them do not untap during their controller's untap phases.
At the beginning of each playerss upkeep, they may pay 3 to remove a fate counter from a creature they control.

Sorrow's Restraint B Enchantment
Sorrow's restraint comes into play with 2 fade counters.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a fade counter from Sorrow's Restraint.
Sacrifice Sorrow's Restraint: target opponent discards their entire hand.
Use this ability only if there are no fade counters on it.

Fetid Bloom 4BB Sorcery
Each player sacrifices all permanents they control. Each player may then search their library for up to 6 basic lands and put them into play tapped, then shuffles their library..

it basically kills everything... and everyone gets rotten plants :D

Booty Bouncin 4U instant
Return up to 2 target creatures to their owner's hand. Booty Bouncin costs 2 less for every 10 seconds that its caster does a "booty dance." (to dance wildly, shaking one's rear.)

Honorable descendent Green or white
bushido something..
During combat activated abilities may not be used and spells may not be cast.

Bloodcloak/Desertcloak assassin 2R 2/2 Creature-Ninja
Haste
Ninjitsu:2R
when [this] deals combat damage to a player, deal its power to target creature.

[Black lady samurai] 1B
When [this] comes into play, sacrifice any number of creatures.
[this] gains bushido X, where x is the # of creatures sacrificed.
Bushido X:

or possibly her bushido is equal to the number of creatures put into a graveyard this turn.. but she'd have to be beefy otherwise..

Dark Reflection B Sorcery target player discards a card.
Mirror (Instead of paying its casting cost, you may remove a card in your hand from the game. Put a copy of the spell on the stack. This card remains in your hand.)

(Red) Reflection B Instant
Deal 1 damage to target creature or player.
Mirror (Instead of paying its casting cost, you may remove a card in your hand from the game. Put a copy of the spell on the stack. This card remains in your hand.)

(Blue) Reflection U Instant
Counter target spell unless its controller pays an additional 1.

(Green) Reflection G Instant
Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn.

(White) Reflection W Instant
Prevent the next 4 damage from any one source.

D

DarthFerret

Staggering Ruin: Not sure about this one, only because of the amount of game time it would take to perform the required action. Also, need to mention reshuffling the library. Casting cost looks about right.

Strangling Vapors: I love it, finally blue has a paralyze! :D

Sorrow's Restraint: Only thing I would change is to call them Fade counters. We have already seen fading and everyone knows what that means. (Most everyone)

Fetid Bloom: The casting cost should be a little higer I think. A smart player would hold this card to build up to the right moment, and then for the price of a wrath of god, would gain total control over the game.

Booty Bouncin: This card is too much like an Unglued or Unhinged. Besides, I know a lot of people that I REALLY do not want to see shakin thier booty!

Bloodcloak/Desertcloak Assasin: Is the 2R the casting cost, or the ninjitsu cost? (I do not know what ninjitsu is..sorry).

Black Lady Samurai: Stick with the sacrificing bit. Black is known for this, and it would fit well I think.

Dark Reflection: black, red, blue and green versions look good. White probably should be to prevent 2 dmg. Just to keep the set of 5 balanced within themselves.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
The only one I question is Staggering Ruin. The casting cost actually looks a bit low if the "winner" gets to repeat the process. And what xactly is the winner? The way it's worded now, it really doesn't matter if the opponent chooses odd or even - all you do is reveal cards until a land comes up, and if the number revealed is even, a land is destroyed and if it's odd, a second land is destroyed.

If you want to make the opponent's choice matter as I suspect you do, the wording would have to be changed to something like "if the number of cards revealed is 'equal' to the opponent's choice of odd or even, a land (or additional land, depending if a land is destroyed no matter what) is destroyed."

F

Force of Will Smith

Ok i think i fixed staggered so its actually much more interactive... and you can actually combo with it... but even if you do.. your opponent can choose to stop... so a mana severance from your deck might only get you 2 lands max..

this way it fits on a card too :D..

i upped the cost of fetid blood.. i gave it a sorcery status so its a little less..
I also separated out the reflections and balanced them..

F

Force of Will Smith

hmmm.. i guess i could change it to each player reveals until the hit a land.. the first player to reveal one loses a land, if its a tie they both lose one, and something like whoever's land hit the graveyard can choose to repeat.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's just not clear if they're revealing cards at the same time or taking turns, that's all. I was assuming they were taking turns in which case it wasn't clear who goes first. If it's supposed to be at the same time, then maybe just add that to clear it up.