You Make the Card: Mount of the Immortals, you write the text

• Thread starter Force of Will Smith
  • Start date

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Have no idea without any backstory behind the card... this is a time when a storyline is useful :)

E

evan d

2 things:

One what does the card say, It looks look a land with a splacable arcane on it.

Two, The art is wonderful. And yes, backstory would be great.

F

Force of Will Smith

well yeah.. its text from like 8 different type layouts... i just posted it for the image and card name so you guys could get an idea of what it might look like.

E

evan d

Indestructable

taps for 1 burnless mana of any color

when ever this land becomes tapped, each play puts an idestrucable spiritlinked 1/1 spirit/diety into play.

F

Force of Will Smith

ok so its like an orchard.. but people get a huge benefit?
maybe for that cost i might be able to push two mana of any color..

so if you use the mount for mana... your opponent gets an immortal...
maybe it can deal 1 damage to any creature and an opponent gets a 1/1 spiritlinked spirit...

another thing i was thinking was that you could pay a certain amount or somehow make a creature indestructible until end of turn... possibly like

T:add 1
Sacrifice a creature you control: Target creature is indestructible until end of turn..
sort of fitting with the immortals theme

L

Limited

"Comes into play tapped and doesn't untap during your untap phase.

T: Return target legendary creature card from your graveyard to play. Put a divinity counter on that creature.

Remove a Legendary creature card in your hand from the game: Untap ~this. "

F

Force of Will Smith

hmmm the divinity idea is interesting..

i could make the land untargetable to its controller so you cant untap it...

the removing is a nice idea.. should i also make it so spells and abilities you control can't target cards in any graveyard? that way you wont be able to do really sick reanimating of kokusko and the like..

L

Limited

A divinity counter on its own doesn't do anything.. so the land would be great with the Myojins..

F

Force of Will Smith

The only thing about the divinity, is that people might confuse it, thinking if they reanimate a legend, its indestructible.. other than that its awesome..

Attachments

L

Limited

you could change it to having just one ability:
"Remove a Legendary creature card in your hand from the game, T: Return a legendary creature card from your graveyard to play".

This way it is not a easily abused. And you'd have room to put a mana ability on there

E

evan d

Maybe just, "Tap, put a divinty counter on target creature"

Or, "sac this to search your library for a legendary creature and put it into your hand". This would be like a timeofneed/sisay ability.

C

Captain Caveman

~card name~ comes into play tapped.
Tap; Until end of turn, target creature is indestructible.

E

evan d

Captain Caveman said:
~card name~ comes into play tapped.
Tap; Until end of turn, target creature is indestructible.
Thats kindof what I thought, but, indestrutable is darksteel. Gods are divine, but only indestructable with the divinity counter.

I would hate to see WOTC on a sunday.