• Start date

The tremendous GOBLIN GAME Is...

• Good.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A solid card. Not great, but not bad.

• Bad.

• The best Magic card - no, card of any sort - in existence. Having one in your hand beats a royal flu

• Cruel and unusual punishment as defined by US law.

• Disgusting. Stop staring, you pervert.

• Total voters
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Does anyone have suggestions/comments/rants about usage of everyone's favorite mildly suggestive card?

If you want to forego a PG-13 rating, say so ahead of time.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

I know you are out there...... Three of you voted......

SAY SOMETHING!

I think the Goblin Game has a trance on me...... That little green guy is staring at me...... he's going to go for the throat they always go for the throat andthenhe'llbitemeagainandagainlikeinthatdreamnonottheiodinegetitoffofmegetitoffofmenotthepaddedwalls......

I love Big Brother.

M

maraud234

Goblin game can be a good card, but of course it is a gamble, it could hurt you just as much as anybody else. It is more of a novelty for me.

M

MrXarvox

Goblin Game is the coolest non-unglued card ever printed!

All hail the cute little goblin and his stuff!

G

Gizmo

The real strategy here is what you choose to use as your 'objects', as this is the secret to the game. Selecting Lego bricks is a very strong call as you can quickly change the number you have gambled if things go wrong. If you have discovered the secret of cold fusion a similar trick can be achieved by the use of Hydrogen atoms.

M

maraud234

My abilities at manipulating matter with my mind are very useful combined with this card.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If you're feeling sadistic and you have used some trick to get exorbitant amounts of life, you can hide the hairs on your head and estimate that you lose about 5000 or so. This works really well once in multiplayer.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Goblin Game
5RR
Sorcery
Each player hides at least one object, then all players reveal them simultaneously. Each player loses life equal to the number of objects he or she revealed. The player who revealed the fewest objects then loses half his or her life, rounded up. If two or more players are tied for fewest, each loses half his or her life, rounded up.

I'm not the only Internet database for Magic cards you know fuzzy. :) This was a shrine of worship; now you have defiled it. Begone; remove thyself from my sight!

At least you should have asked someone else.

M

maraud234

Make sure when you use this card that if your life is 14, don't hide anymore objects than 7, that would make you look really bad.

D

Darth Dunk

You lose half after you've lost the first load of life, so you could hide up to 13 objects if you wanted.

I think this is a great card. Just picture it...

Game's running on a bit. You could attack and maybe get some through, but then you'd die from the counterattack. He's thinking the same. The creature lock aint going nowhere... But then, as if from your nightmares, your little goblin starts to play...
Grab the bucket of sand and run - this one's outta here!

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Well, if you had 14 life and you hid 13, you'd lose 13 life, and then, half of 1, rounded up, which is 1.

The moral: only hide twelve.

If it were an instant, you could use it to fake out Mirror Universe players (assuming they didn't all stop after 6E... if they did, I'm an idiot).

T

terzarima

TICM, don't you wish you had 3? I just got one.

But in this card it says "Objects" doesn't that seem odd? I mean, I don't usually have 12 or more objects within grabbing range, expecially at a tournament, unless I'm playing with penny tokens. I don't really like the card very much, it just doesn't seem to fit in a expansion like planeshift.

Sissay: "Guys were all going to die unless everyone works their bloody ass off"

Squee:"Hey... anybody want to play a game...."

I

immortal grave walker

(Hide) Does this mean the object goes out of the game? Then comes back into play? Since the card doesn't say (an object you control) can I take an opponents object?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think "objects" mean anything not currently associated with the game. All the errata says "is to use common sense", so let's not try to make it more complicated than it has to be :rolleyes:

If all you have are tokens currently in the game, then I would presume the game state is suspended, you make sure what the game state is (like how many tokens are on each side), then use them for the Goblin Game. Then you reset the game state back the way it was; nothing leaves play and nothing comes back into play.

I

immortal grave walker

I was just trying to bring more humor to the card,just something to rant about.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Keep in mind that it is the most elegant method of suicide available to red. (Keep in mind that red isn't concerned with elegance.)