You can be a WOTC Magic Intern!

L

Limited

I read it.. and am kinda intrigued.

Can't wait till thursday..

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow, just what the world needs: ME bringing back Dwarven Pony and messing up the entire Meta-game.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow, just what the world needs: ME giving coffee to the guys bringing back Dwarven Pony and messing up the entire Meta-game.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

Give'em a shot of jack daniels in their coffee and we should get sets as good as the old days...

D

DarthFerret

I tried the link, and did not see anything about being an intern......

Tag Guard

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm half-tempted to try this, but I'm guessing there will be a lot of competition for this thing and I should probably be using my time more constructively (not that I will).

Tag Guard

D

DarthFerret

Hard to say if I will put myself into this category. I may give it a shot, however, I am probably not going to have a showballs chance on the sun of qualifying.

Tag Guard

turgy22

Nothing Special
DarthFerret said:
Hard to say if I will put myself into this category. I may give it a shot, however, I am probably not going to have a showballs chance on the sun of qualifying.
I might try for the exact reason that I have a snowball's chance on the sun of qualifying. There's no way I'd be willing to give up my job and income and new place of residence for a paid internship, so why not try out and have some fun. And in the unlikely event that I get too close to the final cut, I'll just do something really stupid or stop trying altogether.

Tag Guard

G

Gizmo

The 10 essay questions for Round One are fantastic!

1. Introduce yourself and explain why you are a good fit for this internship.
2. Explain three positive ways "mana screw" affects Magic.
3. Name a popular, existing mechanic and explain how you would make it better.
4. From a design standpoint, what was the best thing about the Champions of Kamigawa block?
5. From a design standpoint, what was the worst thing about the Ravnica block?
6. We design cards for three player psychographics: Timmy, Johnny and Spike. In the average set, who should the most cards be designed for? Why? Who should the fewest cards be designed for? Why?
7. Imagine you must eliminate a card type (artifact, creature, enchantment, instant, land or sorcery) from Magic. Which one would you choose and why?
8. You stumble upon a time machine and travel back to the early 90's. What is the one change you would recommend Richard Garfield make with Alpha? (You must recommend a change.)
9. You are forced to move counterspelling out of blue. What color do you move it to and why?
10. What is Magic design currently doing wrong? How would you do it right?

I wasn't going to enter but seeing those questions are so tough I think I will do after all, and worry about visa restrictions later. I think the worst part of this is that they expect you to move house for 6 months to live in Seattle, it's not the living in Seattle part I mind it's the 6-months part. So I sell my house, live in the US, come back and I'm homeless?

Wassup wit dat?!?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure how easy it is in the UK, but you could look into renting/subletting your house during that period...

Tag Guard

L

Limited

Well, i've entired my submission.

Hope I get through to the next round.