You Break the Card! (Volume 3)

B

BigBlue

Let's break a card which isn't even out yet! How's about we break one of the Wishes.

You pick the Wish, and show how broken they could be. I'm certain there will be many attempts.

The Wishes are all rares from Judgement and are worded as follows:

Death Wish (1BB) - Sorcery
Choose a card you own from outside the game and put it into your hand. Lose half your life rounded up. Remove Death Wish from the game.

Burning Wish (1R) - Sorcery
Choose a sorcery card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Remove Burning Wish from the game.

Living Wish (1G) - Sorcery
Choose a creature or land card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Remove Living Wish from the game.

Golden Wish (3WW) - Sorcery
Choose an artifact or enchantment card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Remove Golden Wish from the game.

Cunning Wish (2U) - Instant
Choose and instant card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Remove Cunning Wish from the game.

Isty is suggesting Mirari with the Cunning and Burning Wish to retrieve both a 2nd wish and another instant or Sorcery using the Mirari copy. Use that or don't it's up to you.

Mirari (5) - Legendary Artifact
Whenever you play a Sorcery or Instant, you may pay (3). If you do, put a copy of that spell on the stack. You may choose new targets for the copy.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

No offense, but I think you made the same mistake you made with Elder Druid: you picked cards that are very flexible, and are designed to be such, but are not designed to have even a narrow range of extensive power. So it's hard to break them.

"Support" cards such as this one, or any tutor, aren't really breakable, IMO.

C

Captain Caveman

I agree with T.I.C.M., support cards are probably better at getting
Silver Bullets than having decks built around them.

I would however like to make a suggestion for your thread. How
about Dawn of the Dead? Can that be broken?

B

BigBlue

Consider it done Capt Caveman.

Dawn of the Dead will be our next target.

I was really trying to test Isty's combo with both wishes, seeing what you could remove from the game and reget. I think it might have some potential with Bazaar of Wonders or with Pros Bloom, since you are buying those spells by removing them. Yawgmoth Agenda, etc. I think there are other potentials besides Silver Bullets. Although they are likely unbreakable.

I don't take offense to picking weak crap, this is a hard thing to do you know. I'm trying to find cards which haven't been discovered yet by the zillions of netdeck builders out there already. If it were easy, it would be difficult (if you get my meaning). Also I'm not into tourney playing lately and so I'm not really in tune with what interacts, although I used to pride myself on coming up with stuff before or at the same time as the netdecks would pop up. I put a Buried Alive deck together about a week or two prior to seeing a good deal of them at our state championship and hearing they were all that and a bucket of beer. It is much easier to do when looking through the cards, and I simply don't buy enough or build enough anymore to really see potential. I'll have to try harder I guess.

But Dawn of the Dead will be my next target, promise.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You could take Isty's list of the worst rares in his thread in General (and other people's lists) and start with those... see if anyone can break them and get them off the worst rare list :)

N

Nightstalkers

We say:
1 play card
2 run all the way home or to neighbors
3 spend hours deciding which card to get
4 lose most of money to us
5 pick something fancifull adn play...