You are the weakest link!

H

Hetemti

I was watching that British game show last night when I noticed a trend.

Three people are left, a smart guy, an average guy, and a stupid gal. They are instructed to vote for whoever is the worst player, IE, the weakest link. Smart guy gets voted off by average guy and stupid gal, despite his being the best. Average guy and stupid gal then banter back an forth in a Hit, Miss, Miss, Hit, washrincerepeat fashion for a few minutes until stupid gal totally blowes it.

Made me think back.

Me, Goku, and STM are playing threeway.
Gok and STM's decks are average, mine has bombs but started a little slow.
They nuke me right off.
Now I, the weakest link, of course, since I was out first, have to site for OVER HALF AN HOUR, as Gok neddles STM's score one point at a time. That wouldn't take so long if STM hadn't kept changing his mind as to which blocker would regenerate and which would just take the nonleathal damage.

My deck was the only one that could possibly DO SOMETHING. That's why I was the weakest link. I could have finished the game that HOUR.

Are you the weakest link?

Z

Zhaneel

I dunno, but my english teacher has an uncanny resemblance to the host... both are very bitter.

D

Dark_Tira

If your deck could "DO SOMETHING" why didn't it?
I don't think the reason you were picked off first was because you had the potential to do something(I could be wrong I don't know Goku or STM), I think you got nuked because you didn't do "anything." If you want the game to go faster try to severely hurt at least one person before you die.
Anyway three-way games are inherently unbalanced, somebody always get's screwed. The trick is to make sure it's not you in the first place.
I am never the weakest link.

F

fuzzy510

Originally posted by Zhaneel
I dunno, but my english teacher has an uncanny resemblance to the host... both are very bitter.
Except that it's my Spanish teacher that resembles Anne Robinson. Go figure.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

GOODBYE!

(Never watched the show. Always either have homework to do or a Caps game to watch.)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've only seen the show once but what you said was true; when it came down to the final 3, they voted off the STRONGEST link, not the weakest. Makes sense to me though.

Pretty dopey show, IMHO. I think it tries too hard.

C

Cateran Emperor

I neither know nor want to know what you all are talking about.