Yet more fun with Clear the Land

B

Baskil

No, this is not a good deck. However, it is a start for a deck. If you hav any ideas, I'm sure you will not hesitate to post them. Here's the decklist...

4 Saprazzan Skerry
4 Hickory Woodlot
10 Forest
7 Island
4 Skyshroud Claim
4 Scouting Trek
4 Clear the Land
4 Overlaid Terrain
4 Prosperity
4 Relearn
4 Early Harvest
4 Recall
2 Mystical Tutor
1 Denying Wind
1 Trade Routes

Any thoughts?

L

Landkiller

So you deck them with prosperity, eh?

How do you not deck yourself at the same time?

Denying Wind seems to be the only thing. But what if it's countered?

I think Stroke of Genius can fit in here.

B

Baskil

Here's how it works...

Get huge mana advantage over first few turns. Prosperity for a bunch. Use Early Harvest to Untap your land and produce more mana, for larger Prosperity's. Then, Denying Wind them until they are out of cards. Prosperity for one or say done.

I was thinking of adding a Thwart to it (when you go for the actual kill, you draw all but one card.

(Forgot to mention: This is for Type II now)

M

Mikeymike

I would add Jolreal as a Finisher, but Malignant Growth could work too as a secondary win condition.

If your depending on Clear the Land, use Skyshroud Forests which come into play tapped anyway.

I agree with Landkiller about the Stroke, its less risky than the Properity because chances are you'll be blowing thorugh the deck.

If Denying Wind is important to the deck, add one more and cut back at least 1 Recall.

Last thing, Gush works wonders with Overlaid Terrain: Tap land for Mana, snap Islands (Tropical Islands if you can find them) for gush, use mana for Overlaid Terrain, play a land. Works best if you have Exploration though.

City of Solitude should definitely be in the sideboard, you don't want your big guns (or combo elements) to get countered.