Yet another OBC deck you you to ignore. Hitch****.

R

Rando

I saw the bird deck Ferret posted on StarCity a couple of days ago and thought I'd play around with it.

4 Suntail Hawk
4 Mystic Familier
4 Skywing Aven
4 Battle Screech
2 Lt. Kitar

4 Deep Analasys
4 Aeither Burst
3 Morning Tide (not sure if it should be main deck)
4 Envelope (just think of the number of OBC constructed quality cards this counters!)
4 Soulcatcher's Aeirie
2 Vengeful Dreams

3 Skycloud Expanse
11 Plains
7 Islands

EDIT: What is this crap? Hitch**** for god's sake. As in Alfred. When did we get an auto-editor anyway? This is just silly.

R

rkoelsch

You might want to consider either Treetop Sentinal or probably Commander Eesha. I understand that Envelope will counter a few spells but is it really worth it. I guess you can compare it to the rebel decks that used to have power sink as their only counter but it seems like you should have at least 6 counters to have any chance that they will show up when you need them. I would probably use Funeral Pyres main and Morningtide in the SB for threshold decks. But what do I know. I quit magic.

R

Rando

Indeed, if I were to drop anything, it would be the Envelops for more creatures.

I would like more 1 and two drops to smooth things out. Sugestions? They don't have to be birds.

Beloved Chaplin? Mystic Penitant? Devoted Caretaker?

R

rkoelsch

I would put in either Tireless Tribe or Patrol Hound. That way you can discard the screech or deep analysis for some early uses. Also I would find room for Glory. It's a killer.

T

theorgg

When DID we get an auto-editor?

Must've been the last time Ed updated.

N

NorrYtt

This seems to be some counter-Rebel attempt.

Anyone who thinks you should discard Battle Screech has obviously never played it. Battle Screech's flashback requires 3 white creatures. The reason Battle Screech rules is because it produces 2 of the 3 creatures for flashback, so it usually gives 4 birds for 4 mana. Including Tireless Tribe to 'enable' Battle Screech is a horrible idea.

Funeral Pyre is probably needed to fight Glory and Wonder. I also like Aether Burst for fighting off Wurm tokens. These seem to be everywhere in OBC.

Soulcatcher looks like an underrated bird to me. Where's the Divine Sacrement?

R

rkoelsch

Discarding Battlescreech all depends on how fast you are trying to be.

turn 1
plains - Tireless Tribe
turn 2
plains- Hawk, bodyguard , discard Battlescreech
use flashback to create 2 bird tokens
turn 3
plains-divine sacrement attack for ten

now looking at rando's deck it probably doesn't fit because too many non birds delutes soulcatchers aerie

P

Purple_jester

I suggest dropping the Deep Analysis. It slows you down. You're better off adding Aether Burst for some extra muscle against token creatures. I agree wholeheartedly with the Envelop analysis. I've tried it and it works beautifully.

Have fun with the deck. It may not win all the time, but it's a lot of fun when it does. :D

R

Rando

Aether Burst is already in there dearie. ;)

After more testing, Evelope stays, and it's Vengeful Dreams that seems the weekest choice.

Perhaps drop the Dreams for two Comander Eesha? (2/4 bird, pro creatures)

P

Purple_jester

Augh!

You're so right. Those ARE Aether Bursts there...

How about adding Soulcatchers? I think they would work just fine.