Yep, yet more 7th and PS stuff...

Discussion in 'General CPA Stuff' started by Cateran Emperor, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Cateran Emperor Passed On

Sorry I wasn't on the boards at all yesterday, so to make up for it I have a heaping pile o' news. Enjoy :cool:

I'll start off with Planeshift:

Wretcehd Devotion
    2B
    Enchantment
    Whenever a permanent is returned to a player's hand, that player discards a card from his hand.

Arctic Merfolk
    1U
    Creature - Merfolk; 1/1
    Kicker - Return a creature you control to its owner's hand.
    If you paid the kicker cost, Arctic Merfolk comes into play with a +1/+1 counter on it.

Ertai's Trickery
    U
    Instant
    Counter target spell if a kicker cost was paid for it.

Alpha Kavu
    2G
    Creature - Kavu
    1G: Target Kavu gets -1/+1 until end of turn.
    2/2

Nemata, Grove Guardian
    4GG
    Creature - Treefolk Legend
    2G: Put a Saproling token into play. Treat it as a 1/1 green creature.
    Sacrifice a Saproling token: All Saprolings get +1/+1 until end of turn.
    4/5

Hull Breach
    RG
    Instant
    Destroy target artifact and enchantment

Phyrexian Tyranny - UBR
    Enchantment
    Rare
    Whenever a player draws a card, that player loses 2 life unless he or she pays 2.

Now, I've also got the cycle of Planeswlaker's cards:

Planeswalker's Mirth
    2W
    Enchantment
    3W: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Gain life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Planeswalker's Scorn
    2B
    Enchantment
    3B: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Target creature gets -X/-X until end of turn, where X is the converted mana cost of that card.

Planeswalker's Favor
    2G
    Enchantment
    3G: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Target creature gets +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the converted mana cost of that card.

Planeswalker's Mischief
    2U
    Enchantment
    3U: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Remove that card from the game. Until end of turn, you may play that card as though it were in your hand using your own mana.

Planeswalker's Fury
    2R
    Enchantment
    3R: Choose a card at random from target opponent's hand. Planeswalker's Fury deals damage to target creature or player equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Next order of business is 7th edition. The following cards have been confirmed to be in 7th:

Boil
    Flashfires
    Pillage
    Foul Familiar
    Necrologia
    Unholy Strength

For everyone's convenience, I'll put the current list below:

IN
    Birds of Paradise
    Boil
    City of Brass
    Dark Banishing
    Drudge Skeletons
    Duress
    Eastern Paladin
    Elite Archers
    Ensnaring Bridge
    Fallen Angel
    Flashfires
    Fog
    Foul Imp
    Gerrard's Wisdom
    Giant Growth
    Glorious Anthem
    Goblin Hero
    Goblin Matron
    Goblin Raider
    IA pain lands
    Mahamoti Djinn
    Megrim
    Mind Rot
    Necrologia
    Nightmare
    Northern Paladin
    Orcish Artillery
    Ostrasize
    Pariah
    Pillage
    Pygmy Pyrosaur
    Raging Goblin
    Serra Angel
    Shivan Dragon
    Southern Paladin
    Unholy Strength
    Western Paladin
    Worship
    Wrath of God

OUT
    All other non-basic lands
    Armageddon
    Carnophage
    Cursed Scroll
    Dread of Night
    Erhnam Djinn
    Goblin Bombardment
    Grave Pact
    Kindle
    Icy Manipulator
    Incinerate
    Man-'o-War
    Mana Flare
    Mindless Automaton
    Mox Diamond
    Nevinyrral's Disk
    Paralyze
    Peace of Mind
    Powder Keg
    Rathi Dragon
    Royal Assassin
    Sengir Vampire
    Shard Phoenix
    Silver Wyvern
    Sorceress Queen
    Stupor
  2. Duster Protection from Idiots

|Planeswalker's Scorn
    |2B
    |Enchantment
    |3B: Choose a card at random from target opponent's |hand. Target creature gets -X/-X until end of |turn, where X is the converted mana cost of that |card.

This ROCKS!

S'all,
    Dustin
  3. fuzzy510 I Don't REALLY Exist

No Man-O'-War? I need my Man-O'Wars! (Or is it Men-O'-War?)
  4. Sammy Dead-O wasting away again

When do I get to find out if Anaba Shaman is gonna be in 7th?
  5. DÛke Memento Mori

...or is Wretcehd Devotion a "Recoil" invoker? Come on, this is clearly to be played with Blue bounce cards. Can anyway just see it coming: Washout? I would Imagen that Wretcehd Devotion is going to be a very nice, playable little card, with Washout, Seal of Removal, and Waterfront Bouncer.

Washout and Wretcehd Devotion is just doom.

I like it. Let's hope it's uncommon now.
  6. Duster Protection from Idiots

Wretched Devotion and New Gating Cards in Planeshift.

Discuss.
  7. Azreal the Soulmaster Sorrow's Rhapsody

i'm definetly making room for 2 wretched devotion in my control deck
  8. DÛke Memento Mori

...Wretcehd Devotion is really something Blue will use for sure. Each bounce spell is a semi-Recoil.

How annoying would Waterfront Bouncer be!? Plus, don't forget that if you return a creature back to owner's hand, and that player has no cards in hand, you have just destroyed a creature...this alters the Bouncer from a simple Unsummon spellshaper, into a Terminate spellshaper; I use "Terminate" because the Bouncer could target anything, just like Terminate.

Washout would become somewhat a Wrath of God for Blue...somewhat.

Parallax Nexus is going to get my reconsideration for my Blue/Black control decks. Let's face it, with Nexus and Wretcehd Devotion, you'd destroy any target permenant with the proper bounce spell; something as feeble as a Boomerang would become so handy, it's not even funny. Plus, Recoil would become something like a "double-trouble".

To add to all the above advantages, Doomsday Specter would even be much more annoying. Destroying the opponent's hand, making each bounce spell and Wretcehd Devotion even more powerful tech.

Yep, I'm getting my Wretcehd Devotion as soon as Planeshift is out.
  9. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

I am SO making a blue/black deck. Currently trading for cards to go in it. (Anybody have any Avatars of Will?)

Between Doomsday Specter, Recoil, Wretched Devotion, and Distorting Wake (OUCH), I can see life becoming very unpleasant for pretty much everyone.
  10. DÛke Memento Mori

...I >>was<< thinking of that one card: Distorting Wake...Istanbul just reminded me of it.

Yeah...Wretched Devotion is something. I also want to add one more thing, and that would be: I think that B/U control at least should >>consider<< using more discard than counter power. With Wretched Devotion, counter power is not as good as discard, but discard kills the opponent's hand, giving a player more chance to >>destroy<< a permenant with a bounce spell. Plus, discard is always good...

I think I'll like Planeshift.
  11. The Magic Jackal Veteran CPA Member&lt;BR&gt;&lt;font co

Armageddon not in 7th? This has to be incorrect. It's one of the staple cards that makes magic what it is. I will be really dissappointed if it doesn't get reprinted.
  12. superguy Helpful CPA Member MAGICBOY

Yay! Duress is in!
    Necrologia is also one of my favourites, so i'm glad that's in. And if they reprinted Serra, Shivan and Mahamoti, 7th edition should be very good. Now I just hope they reprint Hammer....
  13. superguy Helpful CPA Member MAGICBOY

Oh yeah, and Wretched Devotion is just sick. It turns any bouncing spell into Recoil, and Recoil into super-Recoil. And with Distorting Wake/Wash Out and other goodies to go with it, I think blue/black can make a strong comeback, even on the tourney scene.
  14. yawnmoth New Member

I am 51% sure that I think Tradewind Rider will be reprinted in 7th...
  15. Deadman New Member

So?
    The same was said about Dark Ritual and Lightning Bolt.
    It seems no cards are safe anymore, watch out, they'll be taking Counterspell out next!
  16. Teferi Veteran CPA Member,Capt. Nemo

i like all those planeswalker cards but the white one...i am a white mage on occasion, so i'm sad to see white get shafted with wimpy life gain yet again
  17. DÛke Memento Mori

...has always been one of my favorite cards.

I think with Mind Swords, Unmask, Snuff-Out, Avatar of Woe, and a couple of other Blue and Black ACC spells, Necrologia could become very powerful, since the cards you draw are mostly "free".

Especially with Avatar of Woe, enabling you to draw many creatures...discard them (since it's the discard step)...and this helps make you some steps closer to playing an Avatar of Woe with ACC.

A player wouldn't be able to play Unmask or Mind Swords instantly, BUT...the key is getting enough cards to play their ACC...especailly Mind Swords, which has a very wicked drawback...with Necrologia, the drawback is a bit less abrasive.
  18. Cateran Emperor Passed On

For certain:

Guard Dogs
    3W
    Creature - Hound
    2W, T: Choose a permanent you control. Prevent all combat damage target creature would deal this turn if it shares a color with that permanent.
    2/2

Hobble
    2W
    Enchant Creature
    Common
    When Hobble comes into play, draw a card. Enchanted creature can't block. Enchanted creature can't attack if it's red.

Slingshot Goblin
    2R
    Creature - Goblin
    Common
    R, T: Slingshot Goblin deals 2 damage to target blue creature.
    2/2

Now, not entirely certain:

Gaea's Paladin
    2WG
    Creature - Knight
    First Strike
    Protection from Black.
    1: Gaea's Paladin gets Protection from Red until end of turn.
    1: Gaea's Paladin gets Protection from Blue until end of turn.
    2/2

Tornado Drake
    1UU
    Creature - Drake
    Flying
    Whenever Tornado Drake deals combat damage to an opponent, you may return target creature that player controls to its owner's hand.
    2/2

I have yet to 100% confirm the last two though, so don't jump on them yet.
  19. superguy Helpful CPA Member MAGICBOY

The goblin is not bad in limited, and the Guard Dogs are very good as far as I'm corncerned, maybe not in constrcuted, but in limited for sure. I lately started to hate all white protection creatures, so I won't give my opinion on the palladin, but I think the drake is very useful, both in cosntrcuted and limited. Oh yeah, and Necrologia is a great card as DÛke said because it allows you to get a great advantage over opponent. It use it in my black casual controllish/discard deck right now, and it is especially great against blue decks. It allows you to fetch far more threats than the opponent can counter. Duresses, Hymns, Hippies, etc. I am very glad it will be back. It is one of those non-broken-yet-still-great-fun cards.
  20. Apollo Bird Boy

Yawn. COlor hosers never are much for talking about. And those particular ones aren't that powerful.

The only card that looks interesting there is the Drake, mainly in limited.