Yay...

D

DÛke

I had nothing to do Saturday, and so I decided to drop by the local cardshop. All kinda Magic posters on the walls...comics...no PokeMon posters, surprisingly. The last time I had been to that shop was about a year ago...the whole "atmosphere" felt new. I bought a couple of Torment boosters and precontructed decks for a reason beyond me...I played few games, and I'm really amazed at how fun Torment is! Madness, Threshold, and Flashback are really fun to play. Needless to say, I enjoyed the few games, and so now, once again, I must face the tragedy that is keeping up with the new sets...:D

My mistake the first time was that I focused too much on T2 -- I'd go broke before I even get a deck goin'. This time, I'll buy the cards that appeal to me only...and play casual but competitive decks...only.

Oh, and Unmask was my favourite Magic card. Now it's False Memories...I dunno why...:)

Now that I'm more in touch with the latest 3 sets or so, I'm quite shocked seeing the lack of decks posted in the CPA...there are many casual combos and themes out there...it's a great chance to be creative and show off...

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Wow! You've spent entire threads talking about how Unmask was your favorite card, and now you've changed your mind in one day and one small paragraph in one post!!!

I'm not too familiar with the last few sets, so I haven't had any fresh weird deck ideas for a while.

I

Istanbul

Maybe I'm missing something, but...False Memories gives you threshhold for one turn, then mills you for 7. Unmask was kind of good...how is False Memories good unless you're *desperate* for one turn of threshhold?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by DÛke

Now that I'm more in touch with the latest 3 sets or so, I'm quite shocked seeing the lack of decks posted in the CPA...there are many casual combos and themes out there...it's a great chance to be creative and show off...
That's what I've been saying all along...

Glad to hear you're slowly easing back into it. Sounds like you're going about it like I am :)

L

Lotus Mox

False Memories has some uses beyond the Threshold for one turn. If you already have some cards in the GY, you can remove other cards than you put in, so you can filter the Flashback cards from the top of your library into your GY(=card advantage), now throw in the threshold aspect and you have a card which interacts very well with the OBC themes. :).

Of course, even I think that False Memories is a bit too passive and random to be extremely good, it is nevertheless playable in good decks on a casual level and has a nice flavour (which was prolly more important in DÛke's decision than its power level ;) ).

Too bad it will be completely overshadowed by the Judgment card Quiet Speculation (Why did they print this, why???)

I'm also quite amazed with the decline of new deck ideas, because I consider the last 2 sets to be quite creative and interesting, compared to the Invasion Block which while powerful, was rather boring. I also like the flavour of the whole Odyssey Block so far. (Not so much of a stupid storyline, yeah :) )
I think that this is prolly just a symptome of the decline of the whole CPA :(

D

DÛke

That's what I so love about False Memories, it opens up so many options.

Unmask was great, and still is in my opinion...but it was clear and obvious what you can do with it. I respect False Memories more because of it's creative, and because the enigma it creates once it is played...

False Memories + Threshold cards = Surprise. What you see isn't always what you get.

False Memories + Psychatog/Necratog = Surprise -- again.

False Memories + Flashback cards = This combo is mid/late game. "Oh look, I have some cards to play now..."

False Memories + Barrow Ghoul/Circling Vultures/Haunting Misery

False Memories + Living Death/Corpse Dance/*any* reanimation card...

False Memories + Carrionette/Necrosavent/Coffin Puppets

All that, plus there are almost an endless amount of even more specific combos. It's really a creative card...it has more than one use, unlike Unmask.

My personal favourite is casting False Memories at the beginning of my upkeep, getting a Coffin Puppets into my graveyard, and then getting it to play. The look on my opponent's face alone is enough for me to play False Memories again and again...:D Oh, and follow that by a Sinister Strength. The whole thing is ideal for a casul deck...

P

Purple_jester

It's nice to see you having fun with the cardboard again. The latest mechanics are the most interesting Magic's gotten since Buyback. I'm glad you're enjoying casual play again, and I look forward to seeing your ideas on the Deck forum. ;)

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

Feldon's Cane combos beautifully with False Memories.

False Memories, mill for 7
Reap the benefits of threshold
Use the Cane before you remove those 7 cards from the game.