Xarvox storyline battle #1

M

MrXarvox

Anyone think they can take on the demonic force of chaos? The great Virenkov, render of earths, keeper of fire, torcher of skies?
Who will challenge the might of the Flame-Spitter?
He who rises from the core and falls from the stars?
Who thinks that they may be the chosen one to slay the Infernal Worm?
And if they do, can they handle His power?

We use spells of our own design, and obviously no spells that just make the opponent go >piff<.
First person to challenge gets to battle.
I will be the Virenkov.

When this battle has ended, I'll start a new thread with a new enemy.

To begin:

(my opponent) walks into the forest, having spotted a tiny point of light where no human had put a flame.
(opponent) bends down to view the flame, when a searing hot blast strikes him/her in the back of the neck. he/she quickly whirls around, to see the fire sprites forming a wall around him/her. Quickly the wall has burned the wood, and is now flaming with pure elemental power.
With a shot of blue fire from far, far above, seemingly raining from the stars, a massive head bursts from the flames. It resembles a mask of sorts, but with a consistently shifting pattern between number of eyes and shape and length of teeth. It has a great spike at the front of its mouth and its throat is white-hot. The Virenkov has (opponent) trapped withing its prison of flames and molten earth. This is the moment of truth.

Who will my opponent be?

[Edited by MrXarvox on 11-16-00 at 10:47 PM]

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Charlon, the Darkened one, looks up at the elemental's ever-shifting face. With the blink of eye, he draws his katana. Using the sword as a focus he shoots forth a colomn of ice cold water...

M

MrXarvox

Virenkov doubles back as the icy water slams into his left-left eye. he screams in pain, although not too heavily damaged, shooting blue waves of flame from his mouth.

The demon then makes his counter-attack.
He shoots a great ball of fire into the sky, which reponds with a deafening report.
Suddenly a hole seems to open in the shroud of smoke, as bits of flaming sand and rock start falling down onto the battleground, many striking Charlon...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I roll my 87-sided die and get a 68.3. That's means I win, and I get to use the restroom first.

Ransac, dumbass

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Our hero rolls away from the Flame-beast. In an instant he recovers and uses his protective magic to shield himself best he can from the flaming blows.

After the rain of burnt materials is done, Charlon ends the protection spell. Summoning forth bits of blue energy, he releases them in a spetacular display for bursting lights and popping sounds. When the fizzlers are done, he is nowhere to be seen...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

cool fireworks
[me]sits down with a bag of popcorn and begins to watch the carnage[/me]

K

K9Archmage

What the heck. Pointy Stick launchers for sale! Guess what they do! They launch sharp pointy sticks!

Hoipa

M

MrXarvox

The Virenkov roars in annoyance, that His adversary has simply fled Him. To compensate, He causes the ground to shatter deep under the crust. the earth picks up in waves, and nearly all civilization within a five hundred mile radius is buried many meters beneath the surface.
The demon then, not seeing his adversary anywhere, transforms into a tiny point of light and takes to the stars, waiting for a new, less cowardly enemy...

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

The Darkened one reapears. He mutters to himself "You go eatheral for a few hours and the thing goes berserk and kills everyone around."
He rams his sword into the ground and watches liquid rock bubble up from the gound. Calling forth mystic powers, he is bathed in a silver glow. He then steps into the lava, and covers himself in it. All passing by the area see a new rock formation, which seems to almost have a face in it....

and donkey boy: not pointy stick launchers. I am the guy who does 2 things: makes pies, and uses pointy sticks to form weapons. Find you own schpeal!

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

schpeal, that has to be the best word i've heard in a long time lol schpeal

M

MrXarvox

Virenkov observes this process from high above, his point of light resembling a star. He drops, regaining full demon form, straight down onto the rock formation. Some of the rock melts, some of it shatters, but all of it is destroyed...

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

From a pile of the shattered debris there is some movement. A black leather gauntlet emerges followed by a tattered black shirt sleave. Immedietly after that, a dark blue vest appears and finally a head.

Charlon shakes rock fragments form his silver hair. He begins chanting words of power, and his katana begins glowing red. With a thunderus roar, a beam of pure mana shoots forth from the blade aimed strait at the demon's face...

M

MrXarvox

Raw mana... a dangerous move. Especially when directed straight at an elemental force.
Virenkov recieves the mana with a jolt, processing it and burning it , and suddenly his eyes flare up.
So much power in one place! The ground opens up beneath Virenkov, turning to lava, and the mana is released from the Demon's maw in the form of blue flames. The lava spatters and bubbles, remnants of the red mana stream focused by the demon. It does little, but it forms into some neat-looking shiny spikes when it cools. The flames of Virenkov's firebreathing sweep around Charlon. There are shrieks of surprise from the Sorcerer as he is engulfed in devouring flames...

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

The flames wrap around the Darkened one, he has but seconds to react. Focusing his magic, he begins altering the beam of mana changing it from searing pain, to soothing balm. He wills it to surround him, protecting him from the fire, while at the same time healing his battle stressed wounds. After the fire is done, he floats above the lava. He can feel the heat coming off its semi-liquid surface. Pointing his katana at some of the liquid rock, he forces it into a sheet of still molten rock. He sends it flying at the Fire Demon. After it strikes, he calls upon water magic to cool it to a solid mass around the Molten One. In a desperate move to end the battle, he forces death and water magics into the rock, hoping that will contain the monster.

M

MrXarvox

The demon is sealed within a massive ruby geode.
Hisses of steam can be heard as the tiniest of cracks expel searing gases.
The walls of the prison are like rubber in the heat of the Virenkov's desperate rage. Bursts of flame, and slashes from the demon's rostrum that would normally cut mountains down, are weakened by Charlon's death magic. Virenkov bellows.
But he is not to die, not quite yet.
He gives in to the sealed walls around him, and contracts into a point of white light. The light dims, then goes out. Outside, the fire sprites desert the area, and soar high up until they, like their master, are hidden among the stars.

The Virenkov bides his time.
He would return to the earth when needed.

The Earth becomes cold in the absence of the fire demon.
Charlon and his people are dying of cold, but the Sorcerer remembers the ancient legends of god-slayers. One who kills a god, or a demon, inherits the power of that entity. It is the choice of the slayer; to slay only the god, or all that the god is.
He knew very well how to summon a spirit, to yank it from the aether, or to simply draw it to him.
He does so.
Virenkov bursts from the ground, on the magic chains that Charlon has attached to him, through magic.
The snow and ice open up in a soaking torrent at the presence of pure fire, and this scars the beast.
Virenkov's fires are red now, though. Cold, death, and water, and their magics, have taken their toll on the Burning One.
Virenkov is angry. Its fires, at the sight of Charlon, briefly flare to white again, and the demon feels the watery mana beginning to creep into his system the way it had when he was imprisoned.
The demon rises, its wormlike form stretching above the clouds...
And then dives. Head-on, straight into the awestruck Charlon.
Both enemies are entirely disintegrated.

Charlon finds himself in a swirling cloud of sulfurous dust. Voices speak all around him, and lightning seems to stretch from his own fingertips.
The dust dissipates, and the former sorcerer is lying in a hall. One side is black as obsidian, the other white as sun-bleached bones.
A figure approaches.
Its face is hidden in darkness, though it seems to be in the light.
And the figure speaks.
"Charlon! What is this you have done? Slain my Virenkov? Ahh, pity. The last to have done that beast in, suffered greatly for it. I trust you to be wiser than he. You must choose, you know.
Choose anything you want. It is your inheritance. But! Beware, as X did not! There are ramifications to all decisions, my son, but taking the life of a god.. That is the epitome of all choices.
You may be a god of fire. You may take the place of power, that Virenkov held. You may have all the worldly posessions you desire. The world is yours for the taking. What will you do with your power?"

Well, Charlon, this is the final test. Choose wisely, and you win. Choose poorly, and you will bring back the Virenkov of your own accord, as X of the ancient times did... and that will be your final downfall.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Charlon looks at his withered form. While the wounds from his death are healed, he still looks a shadow of his former glory. His beautiful black vestments are scorched and torn. His silver hair, is mussed and darkend. The mythral blade of his katana is scortched to near carbon.

The beast has destroyed all that he had in the world, his family, his home, and now himself. He whispers to himself "I cannot let the beast return, and do to others what it has done to me...but if fire does not return to the world...it will die a slow cold death."

"I must have time to think..."

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

"I feel that I know what I must do...I chose to destroy the elemental, and take his powers on myself...may the Gods help my soul..."

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

This is actually a pretty good battle......................aren't story lines great

K

K9Archmage

I tap 7, and dark ritual 7 times, then i take 21 damage and die!

M

MrXarvox

Charlon, you have won.
Throughout the ages, you will burn, and burn, until you go mad. Your immortality will make your madness exponential. Soon there will be nearly no difference between yourself and the Virenkov...
But congratulations on the slaying of a mad god.

Next storyline battle:
Tzyver Burning-Sky and his hordes are pillaging your village!