X-Box? GameCube? Game Boy Advance?

N

nodnarb24

Goku: Every system has multiple processors. There are processors on every single board on a system. There are proccesors on sound cards, video cards, and almost every other card in any system. The X-box has a proccessor on it's video card that handles video, 250 MHz compared to Gamecube's 162MHz, it also has a proccessor on it's sound card to handle sound, like every type of system. Also Nintendo has admitted that the X-Box is far more power then the gamecube. Also the reason why you can't run an N64 emulator on a 200mhz machine is because it is completely different hardware, in which the games are specifically designed for, so you need more power to compensate for that.

I

Istanbul

Once you reach this level of power in systems, it's really all about the games.
Nintendo can make good games.
Microsoft can hire companies to make good games.
Sony can hire companies to make good games.

It's simply impossible to call before two of the three combatants have even arrived.

B

Bob

Yeah, TICM, but PS2 isn't something we are taslking about here. I'd probably take PS2 over the other two, until I hear about the other games.

G

Goku

NodNarb: I have never heard Nintendo admit that XBox is better. If you speak the truth, post up a link to a page with proof. And I already know about the multiple processors. I was referencing, as should have been understood, the primary running processors. When you get a new, for example, 1.0 GHz computer, why do they not advertise all of the other processor running speeds? Because only those who really know their computers would care; the "unwashed masses" do not know, and do not care. Another example is how gaming requirements speak of the main processor. A computer does have multiple processors, as anyone of somewhat decent intelligence knows, but there is one primary one.
A person of decent intelligence, at least in the electronic department, also well knows that unlike computers, consoles do not have a primary processor; a workhorse processor, yes, but no main one. The primary functions are all divided out.

XBox has a primary processor.
http://xbox.com/hardware/consoles/xbox.htm
(Notice they say "the most powerful processor of any console"; of course it has lesser processors in it, but the Intel 733 is the main one.)

Gamecube does not.
http://www.nintendo.com/systems/gcn/gcn_specs.jsp

And the hardware for an N64 is really not that different.

On a secondary point, notice how XBox does not have any dial-up modem attachment, while Gamecube does?

I tire of any petty arguments, however... Istanbul has the most logical point yet. I follow that same perspective; I like gameplay most of all.

M

mogg bomber

Uhh, nothing against you Goku or the Gamecube(because I happen to be a huge fan of Nintendo and can't wait for the Gamecube), but it took 2 weeks to make the original Rogue Squadron 2 demo, not the whole game. About the processors, I haven't looked into it much, the only thing I care about is that the Gamecube(and only the Gamecube) will get all the great games from Nintendo and Rare.

I

Istanbul

My local GameStop claims that they will NOT be reserving the X-Box or Game Cube.

Anyone know what's up with *that*?

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by Goku
On a secondary point, notice how XBox does not have any dial-up modem attachment, while Gamecube does?
Actually, X-box has both a dial-up and an ethernet port built into the system.

F

fuzzy510

Here's the deal:

PS2: Broadband and Dial-Up adapters due Fall 2001.

GameCube: Comes with NEITHER. Broadband and Dial-Up adapters due TBA.

Xbox: Comes with broadband port. Dial-Up adapter due 2002.

You see? You're all wrong.

N

nodnarb24

Originally posted by fuzzy510
Here's the deal:

PS2: Broadband and Dial-Up adapters due Fall 2001.

GameCube: Comes with NEITHER. Broadband and Dial-Up adapters due TBA.

Xbox: Comes with broadband port. Dial-Up adapter due 2002.

You see? You're all wrong.
I just checked it and you are right.