WWYT: Round Nine Results

B

BigBlue

There were some surprises this round... I was reticent about the category at first, but I rather like the results. The answers went across the spectrum.

Pablo Picasso 8
Michelangelo 7
Vincent Van Gogh 7
Leonardo da Vinci 6
Rembrandt 4
Claude Monet 3
Andy Warhol 2
Raphael Sanzio 2
Salvador Dali 2
Chicago 1
Donatello 1
George W Bush 1
Michael Moore 1
Norman Rockwell 1
Renoir 1
Stan Lee 1
Titian 1
Walt Disney 1

Player scores:

Nightstalkers 32 (5) **See, they can play the game - I'd call it sandbagging... :D Very nice.
Train 31 (3)
MasterShake 30 (2)
rkoelsch 29 (1)
EricBess 27
Apollo 26
Spiderman 25
TomB 22
Azreal 17
SeFro 5

Cumulative Scores - and points to be risked in the challenge round

Spiderman 26 (5)
EricBess 24 (4)
TomB 17 (3)
Apollo 11 (2)
rkoelsch 11 (2)
train 10 (2)
Nightstalkers 5 (1)
Azreal 3
Jigglypuff 3
MasterShake 2

A lot of points will be at stake, and given my difficult challenge, we'll see how many points are lost (gained by those with nothing at stake).

I was very happy that I got 10 responses to the artists and that no one tied... I can't say why, but I really like those numbers... Good luck with the challenge... There are 19 points at stake - and if you manage to win a share from the peanut gallery it should put you in the hunt....

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I knew it was safe to assume no one would pick Albrecht Durer, despite him being the best Renaissance artist IMHO. Sadly I thought more people would put Donatello(first free standing bronze nude since antiquity people!)

R

rkoelsch

I have not an artistic bone in my body. I just picked ones I knew off the top of my head. No comment as to their skill just their noteriety.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
BigBlue said in the question that he was thinking of painting artists, not sculptor artists, so that's what I went with.... or tried to.

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

well just because I didn't read the directions clear enough is still no excuse:p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, if enough people thought the way you did and put the same answer, you would have been rolling in the points ;)

E

EricBess

I have to admit, there was part of me that thought a good strategy on this one would have been:

Rafael, Donatello, Micelangelo, and Leonardo... plus one other random throw-in.

Still, I didn't get any 1-point answers, so I must have done something right...just not right enough, I guess...

N

Nightstalkers

lol, that would be thanks to the 1200 people that were on the messanger at the time.

See, I only cheat most of the time :D

Nightstalker Exterra

T

train

Hey Az - Durer was a great painter, I just didn't list him as I was looking for well-heard names...

here's a copy of my PM to Blue with my answers... just wanted to let you know I shared an interest in the Arts... though I didn't list any sculptors(solely) or architects(solely)... though Michelangelo did "dabble" in sculpting and Architectural aspects...;)

For the Contest(names most might answer...)

Monet
Van Gogh
Michelangelo
Leonardo da Vinci
Picasso

Believe it or not - all this is needed for Architecture/Interior Design... so i had classes for it, and grew to like quite a bit...

Personal Notes - Hieronymus Bosch(I may have murdered my spelling there) - "The Garden of Earthly Delights" is an extremely interesting piece...

Also - Raphael's "The School of Athens" is a marvelous piece...

other personal favorites:
Boudin
Caravaggio
Degas

hopefully everyone else will answer the ones I listed for the contest...

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

yeah I didn't think anyone would answer Durer either. I also sincerely doubted Botticelli would get any hits either.