WWYT Round 9 - Results

E

EricBess

Let's say you're playing a game of Magic and someone casts Demonic Consultation. When it resolves, they say they are looking for "Bargain". Technically, there is no card called "Bargain". What happens? The answer realistically depends on the REL of the tournament, right? Well, a situation came up this round that, to be totally fair, I was pretty sure would come up. I'll get to that in a moment. For now, the answers (15 submissions):

Star Wars (13)
Jurassic Park (8)
Scream (4)
Terminator (4)
Batman (3)
Friday the 13th (3)
Jaws (3)
Rocky (3)
Star Trek (3)
A Nightmare on Elm Streen (2)
American Pie (2)
Dr. Dolittle (2)
Indiana Jones (2)
Lethal Weapon (2)
Planet of the Apes (2)
Raiders of Lost Ark (2)
Scary Movie (2)
Superman (2)

And, the 1 point list, some of which I am really surprised didn't score higher:
Alien, Back to the Future, Caddyshack, Die Hard, Ghostbusters, I Know What You Did Last Summer, The Nutty Proffessor, Preditor, Rambo, Rush Hour, The Godfather, The Matrix, The Mummy

Some of you have probably already noticed what I was referring to earlier. Don't panic! Keep reading. A lot of people are going to score this round:

Gerode - 29 (5)
Apollo - 29 (5)
Istanbul - 29 (5)
Azreal - 28 (1)
Ransac - 28 (1)
Mundungu - 28 (1)

theOrgg - 27
Chaos Turtle - 24
sageridder - 24
sleepy - 23
Melkor - 23
fuzzy - 22
rkoelch - 21
Hetemti - 15
Jake74 - 9

For those of you who haven't figured out what I was talking about, there may be a couple people feeling cheated right about now. Here's the deal. Go back up to the 2-point answers and you will see that 2 people listed "Indiana Jones" and two other people listed "Raiders of the Lost Ark". There was never a movie called "Indiana Jones". Technically, an answer doesn't need to be correct to be considered an answer. As such, "Indiana Jones" is a legitimate guess, even though no movie by that title ever existed. Obviously, the intended answer was "Raiders of the Lost Ark", which was the first Indiana Jones movie. Both sequels were titled "Indiana Jones and..."

The question is, what REL are we playing at? Allowing the two answers to count as one creates the following top 4 (without saying who answered which way):

Istanbul - 31 (5)
Ransac - 30 (3)
Mundungu - 30 (3)
Gerode - 29 (1)
Apollo - 29 (1)

Leaving the 28 point players out of the running. I can't fairly take points away from Gerode, Apollo, and Azreal, so here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to score both ways and give the higher points. From the previous point list, this only affects Mundungu and Ransac, who get 3 pts instead of 1. The 2 extra matches weren't enough to push CT into the top 4.

Standings:
Gerode - 17
Chaos Turtle - 16
Melkor - 10
sleepy - 9
Istanbul - 9
TurdCutter - 8
Spiderman - 8
Hetemti - 8
nodarb - 7
Apollo - 6
Ransac - 6
Azreal the Soulmaster - 6
Rando - 5
sageridder - 5
fuzzy - 5
Mundugu - 5

H

Hetemti

REL 5. That's like spending $300+ for a "Lotus" expecting it Black, but finding it to be merely "Blacker."

1337 Add3ndum: I b3 posting this from my new laptop. :)

E

EricBess

Note to the Magically naive: Never spend $300 on a Lotus unless a) You've seen it and know it is legit and b) it has 4 wheels.

Come to think of it, not even then because there must be something wrong with it ;)

Hetemti: Congrats on the laptop.

I

Istanbul

Hokey smokes, Bullwinkle! Not only did I score, but I scored high?! :eek: It's a sign of the End Times!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I GOT SOME POINTS!!!!!!! I GOT SOME POINTS!!!!!!! I GOT.....

*A wandering hunter shoots Ransac. The goods news is that he only shot him in the head, so he's okay.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

fuzzy510

WTF?????

Only three people said Rocky????

Weren't there like seven sequels to that one......?

F

fuzzy510

I'm only 14, and still listed it. I thought that the elders of the CPA would also say it.....