WWYT - Round 9 results

E

EricBess

Well, this question turned out to have an even narrower focus than I was expecting. There were only 10 different colors listed and 5 different people all put the same 5, which were the top answers. Only 1 other answer received more than 2 responses (with 6) and there were only a couple of colors that only one person said. With 13 people responding:

Green (13) - okay, this was a gimme and everyone put it.
Blue (12) - Nightstalker's doesn't know what color the sky is during the day, so this is excusable.
Red (10)
Brown (9)
Yellow (9)
White (6)
Gray (2)
Orange (2)

Black and Purple are the 1-point answers.

Azreal - 53 (5)
rkoelsch - 53 (5)
sageridder - 53 (5)
Spiderman - 53 (5)
TomB - 53 (5)
Jigglypuff - 50 - I think Jigglypuff has more 5th and 6th places than anyone else.
Nightstalkers - 47
orgg - 46
Zhaneel - 45
Apollo - 42
Big Blue - 42
melkor - 42
train - 42

Spidey moves into striking range.

Spiderman - 23
BigBlue - 18
Azreal - 17
train - 16
TomB- 12
Apollo - 10
rkoelsch - 10 - coming on strong at the end here
orgg - 8
sageridder - 7
Nightstalkers - 5
Jigglypuff - 4
Melkor - 1
Zhaneel - 1

Melkor

So seriously, where is all this red and yellow coming from? I mean we don't all live in New England during the Autumn months do we? It boggles my mind that red outscored brown and yellow tied it. Brown is everywhere, its the color of dirt, the color of wood, the color of a lot of fur. Red and yellow though, are we all just Hulkamaniacs then?

J

Jigglypuff

I can't believe I finished out of the points again. What's wrong with me?

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Woo-hoo! I almost put white or black as my fifth color; good thing I went with brown.

And red and yellow are two primary colors! How can they not be there? ;)

E

EricBess

I don't think I would have put yellow, either. The only thing I can think of is the sun. And red for blood? Or leaves in autumn?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But they make up all the other colors... without those two, you are left with blue which can't cover all the possible colors...

I mean, brown is partly made of red... and yellow's part of green.

Well, us five must have been thinking that way or similarly :)

E

EricBess

Actually, Spidey, it depends on what you are referring to. If you are talking about light, then the colors you are interested in are Red, Green, and Blue. Yellow's not in there.

And if you do want Yellow, you need Cyan and Magenta, not Blue and Red. Those are pigment primary colors :D

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I was thinking of Fruit when this question came up, I figured apples -> red, bananas -> yellow. I guess I interpreted nature a little differently.

B

BigBlue

For Natures part, all you need do is look at flowers, birds (exotic) and butterfiles to get pretty much all the colors you can think of.

Heck, they even came up with a Blue Rose (for the first time ever) within the last couple years although that was engineered.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I was thinking light when I was considering white or black (the absence of light), but thought that was too obscure for most people to think of.

Besides, who thinks of cyan or magenta? It's blue and red all the way! :p

B

BigBlue

I went for a "gag' answer, and went with Green, Red, Black, Blue, and White. Those are all fairly prevelent... I would have exchanged Brown with Black if I hadn't gone that route and still woulda been out of the points...

O

orgg

ROY G BIV YOU STUP...

*SIGH* sorry.

I figured everyone would remember Roy G. Biv as being the color spectrum, and put Roy G. B.(omitting the last two).

I guess they don't teach the orders the natural color spectrum splits into anymore...

N

Nightstalkers

Fine! I'll add up my own score...

One divided by the prolific rate of acceleration of the phosforescent qualities of the A'uan and building by the complex AOI........

Oh, sorry:

With 47 I'm right above that thing the Orgg... sorry

E

EricBess

Wow! Sorry, usually I count to make sure I didn't miss anyone. Sorry.

Yes, that is correct. According to my calculation, you have 47. I'll update it.

N

Nightstalkers

You wouldn't forget about poor 'ol me, now would you?

Give it a rest lass, your just not as complicated as the common whore.

Ok you two, shut it up and quit cracking up. this is harder than it looks on the screen. *sigh*

We always have our little mistakes, we're only humans, not machines... yet

B

BigBlue

The world is not yet ready for Nightstalkers.... let alone Mechanical ones. :D

N

Nightstalkers

Try reading The Cassini Division by Ken Macleod....

Just a little foreshadowing braught to you by a group of seers in the Nightstalkers :D