WWYT: Round 9 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry for the tardiness of this, details in the Off-Topic...

Answers - Points

Sandwiches 8
Chips (Potato) 6
Cold/fried Chicken 4
Watermelon 4
Bread 3
Cookies 3
Potato Salad 3
Salad 3
Apples 2
Burgers 2
Cheese 2
Cokes/Cola 2
Coleslaw 2
Fruit 2
Hot Dogs 2
Pie 2

And lots of 1 pt answers: Ant Bait, Basket, Blanket, Brownies, Cheetos, Condiments, Deviled/Picnic Eggs, Kids, Kool-Aid, Lemonade, Macaroni Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Meat, Strawberries, Wine

Player (Score) - Game Points

EricBess (24) - 5
turgy22 (22) - 3
DarthFerret (20) - 2
orgg (19) - 1
Jigglypuff (17)
sageridder (17)
train (17)
Limited (16)
Oversoul (14)
BigBlue (13)
Lythand (13)
Mooseman (12)
Ransac (11)

Overall Game Points

Jigglypuff: 18
turgy22: 16
BigBlue: 15
Ransac: 14
DarthFerret: 14
EricBess: 12
Limited: 9
Oversoul: 9
Melkor: 6
orgg: 6
train: 3

O

orgg

5 food items
Ant Bait, Basket, Blanket, Brownies, Cheetos, Condiments, Deviled/Picnic Eggs, Kids, Kool-Aid, Lemonade, Macaroni Salad, Mashed Potatoes, Meat, Strawberries, Wine
Assuming that the lowest-ranked player put the most one-point answers...

I'm not going on a picnic with Ransac. Again.

E

EricBess

orgg...Ant Bait could probably be considered a food item.... ;) I'd like to know who is into eating their kids, though....unless you are considering the mosquitos.

Woot woot...finally broke into the big time. I'm slapping my head about missing Watermelon, but glad I went with Potato Salid over Mashed Potatoes. I had them both, but my wife convinced me to change one to a desert item. Glad I went with Cookies over Brownies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Actually, I'll clear Ransac and say he's safe to go on a picnic with. However, another person isn't (although honestly, I think he just mis-read the question and skipped over the food item part).

D

DarthFerret

I put the Ant Bait, but hey, it is food (for ants, although not altogether healthy for them..). Could not think of anything else that would have been a popular answer. I still got points on this one though!

J

Jigglypuff

1 pt. answers said:
Deviled/Picnic Eggs
What is wrong with you people? And cole slaw only got 2 points. Don't any of you guys actually go on picnics?

(- Steve -)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
None of my answers were 1 pointers and I still am shut out....... If this were golf, I'd be way in the lead........

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Wow, that was the worst round for me, yet.

And, it wouldn't be KIDS that I take with me to picnics......

It'd be dead babi....

*Before Ransac could finish his sentence, Orgg hits him over the head with an Atog.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Jigglypuff said:
What is wrong with you people? And cole slaw only got 2 points. Don't any of you guys actually go on picnics?

(- Steve -)
Actually, I don't. Plus, I don't like cole slaw or deviled eggs (maybe hardboiled), so I wouldn't have thought of those anyway.

S

sageridder

I was kinda suprised that beside the two one point beverages that I put only two other players put any beverage at all.I thought wine for a romantic outing and koolaid for one with kids.I almost added soda but I haven't drunk any myself in years.

E

EricBess

Lythand said:
Whats over all game points?
There are two types of "points". If you look back at the rounds, you will see that in some rounds, the first set up points is sometimes very high and sometimes pretty low. That's because it's dependant upon how many different answers are actually given. If few answers are given and more people get those same answers, the scores end up pretty high. However, those are just "round points" and don't impact the overall game. The "overall game points" are the points that actually count towards winning and you earn those by scoring the most "round points" in a given round. 5 points for 1st, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd, and 1 for 4th. If there is a tie, both players get the higher number and no one gets the lower number. For example, if 2 people tie for first, they both get 5 and the next highest score gets 2 (for 3rd - 2nd is skipped).

The round points are scored by matching answers. It's sort of like a self-contained game of Family Feud if you've ever seen that. Basically, everyone submits a list of 5 "answers". Then, Spiderman compiles all of the answers and assigns a point value to each answer equal to the number of people who submitted that answer. Then, everyone scores round points based on the 5 answers they submitted. For example, in this round, 8 different people submitted the answer "sandwiches". Because of that, each of those 8 people scored 8 points. Add up the points for all 5 of the answers a person submitted to get their final "round score".

Every answer submitted is worth at least 1 point because you count yourself.

E

EricBess

No problem. Part of the cool thing about this game is even if you start up late and are behind on overall points, just trying to do well rould-to-round is equally fun :D