WWYT Round 7 - Results

E

EricBess

One of the players this round pointed out that "Understanding the question correctly is...part of the game." However, it is interesting to note that this is not necessarily the case as long as other people are on the same wavelength. For example, my answers for this round would have been: Morphling, Masticore, Spiritmonger, Verdant Force, and Avatar of Woe. Each of these can win a victory single-handedly if your opponent doesn't have an answer. Of all of these, Avatar of Woe might be the most powerful, but it is the only one that wouldn't have been a good choice because people don't think about it due to the high casting cost. The fact that I made casting cost irrelevant to the question didn't keep people from keeping it in mind.

What I did notice is that many of the choices, while not dependant on the deck you are playing, are indicative of the type of deck your opponent is playing. For example, no one would fear Linn Sivvi if it weren't for the implied threat of a rebel hoarde.

Anyway, enough philosophy from me. Let's go right to the answers:
Morphling (15) - Out of 16 - sorry Ransac.
Blastoderm (10)
Masticore (7)
Hypnotic Specter (5)
Spiritmonger (5)
Linn Sivi, Defiant Hero (3)
Thorn Elemental (3)
Tradewind Rider (3) - I would have gone with this over Avatar had I thought of it.
Verdant Force (3)
Academy Rector (2)
Blinding Angel (2)
Mother of Runes (2) - I was thinking BoP or Ravenous Rats might have been other good guesses for < 2 cc
Nether Spirit - (2) - Wow is this one deck dependant ;)
Shivan Wurm - (2)

And for the one point answers:
Ancient Silverback, Ascendant Evincar, Ball Lightning, Dromar, Flametongue Kavu, Force of Nature, Hunted Wumpus, Juzam Djinn, Mageta, the Lion, Mishra's Factory, Multani, Prodigal Sorcerer, Sengir Vampire, Serra Avatar, Taangaarth, Voice of All

Azreal - 40 (5) - at least 3 matches with each answer. Good job.
Spiderman - 38 (3) - I think you meant Thrashing Wumpus, but that didn't get any more either. Great showing considering a 1 pt. answer
sleepy - 38 (3)
Hetemti - 37 (1) - also 3 pts for each answer, but missed out on the 5 pt answers.

sageridder - 36
Melkor - 35
Mundungu - 34
rkoelsch - 33
Gerode - 32
Chaos Turtle - 31
Lotus Mox - 29
Istanbul - 29
Jake74 - 26
the Orgg - 21
fuzzy - 21
Ransac - 16

Chaos Turtle - 13
Gerode - 11
Melkor - 10
TurdCutter - 8
Spiderman - 8
Hetemti - 8
nodarb - 7
Rando - 5
sageridder - 5
Azreal the Soulmaster - 5 - see what a single round can do.
Istanbul - 4
sleepy - 4
Ransac - 3
fuzzy - 2
Mundugu - 2

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

yes.............sweet lemony fresh victory is mine

S

sageridder

Whaaaa. Dang it, I was really torn between force of nature and thorn elemental.Oh well ses la vie.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm movin' on up!

Apparently I got the other top 4 answers which helped out tremendously. And I guess I didn't do too bad for not knowing really current cards (after Stronghold). Beats me which Wumpus I meant :p

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Well, at least I wasn't close enough to say that "YOU SCREWED ME BY 2-3 PTS. AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!" I completely forgot Morphling, didn't I?

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

Spidey: Yep, you got all 4 top answers. The Wumpus answer was kind of funny:

"Oh no, it's the dreaded Hunted Wumpus. If only I had enough mana to cast this Verdant Force I've been holding...." :D

Ransac: Morphling's just this wimpy little 3/3 creature. I'm not sure why anyone would be afraid of him after all. ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
For some reason, a Wumpus stuck out in my mind as a creature to be feared. I didn't know all the Wumpi out there so I just took a guess :)

I'm definitely not familiar enough with Spiritmonger, so that never crossed my mind.

E

EricBess

theorgg: four, if you count me. I'm not playing, so my "guesses" don't get added to the total. I just like to compare them to what everyone else said so that I know how well I would be doing. So far, not too bad. Chalk it up to bad memory or youth. I didn't even think of Tradewind Rider and that was a serious force to be reckoned with back in the day... ;)

M

Mundungu

It is not the "force" which wins the games, but it's constant droppings ...

F

fuzzy510

That's not funny.

Anyway, here's some old news: I SUCK AT THIS AND ALL GAMES!!!!!

I

Istanbul

Bugger me sideways!

If I'd put Verdant Force instead of Juzam Djinn (I'm too old), I would've had five answers in multiples. I even thought of Verdant Force, and he clawed at the Top 5 trying to get in, but I couldn't find room.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought of putting Juzam Djinn also but Hypnotic Specter was pretty much the only "old" card I thought more likely people would put down :)