WWYT - Round 7 Results

E

EricBess

Apparently, this was considered a "tough" question. I think most people could think of 2-3 right off the top of their heads, but needed to really think about it (or search) to find any more. Still, the results are fairly consistent, so I think that in the end, this question turned out alright.

10 people submitted. No one put all 5 of the top answers, but there were a couple of people who came close.

Wizards of the Coast (obviously a gimmie) - 10
Decipher (currently, Lord of the Rings) - 9
Upper Deck (YuGiOh) - 8
AEG (aka Alderac Entertainment Group) (L5R) - 4
Score (Dragonball Z) - 4
The Pokemon Company (or Nintendo) - 2

Other than that, a lot of 1-point answers:
Bandai (not sure if they actually have a CCG, but they do Sailor Moon cards, etc.), Fleer (Ophidian), Interactive Imagination (MagiNation), Playoff (sports CCGs), Sabertooth (Warhammer CCG), Steve Jackson Games (Illuminati), TSR (Spellfire), White Wolf (Rage), Z-Man Games (Shadowfist)

Anyway, there are a lot of options, but coming up with them was probably tricky because most of the time, you don't really pay attention to the manufacturer.

Apollo - 32 (3)
Azreal - 32 (3)
rkoelsch - 32 (3)
sageridder - 32 (3)
spiderman - 32 (3)
Big Blue - 30
TomB - 29
Nightstalkers - 28
Zhaneel - 10

A lot of people going up a bit this round:

train - 14
rkoelsch - 12
sagerridder - 11
Apollo - 10
Spiderman - 8
BigBlue - 6
Zhaneel - 6
orgg - 5
Izaryo - 4
Azreal - 3
Jigglypuff - 2
Nightstalkers - 2
TomB - 2

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought this one was rather tough... plus, I thought L5R and Pokemon was produced by WOTC. Or is that just the parent company?

E

EricBess

WotC used to publish Pokemon, but Nintendo decided to take it in house and created it's own subsidiary called "The Pokemon Company".

I'm not sure the exact situation with L5R. I think WotC purchased the rights, but I don't know that they ever did anything with it. I'm pretty sure that AEG is still publishing it currently.

R

rkoelsch

see only a real nerd would have known about the Pokemon company.:D

N

Nightstalkers

Whomever suggested TSR should have all his spellfire cards burned...

Except for the Nightstalker set of course :D