WWYT - Round 5 Results

E

EricBess

Okay, sorry for the delay. <snip>

I did okay predicting this one. I figured Green Lantern for the "must have" and it was (sorry Modus Pwnens...), but there were a couple of other top answers that were also very good. Interesingly, I would have thought Ironman would do well since the movie isn't quite out yet, but I guess the impending movie kept most from saying it. Still, he got 3 responses.

To the list:

Green Lantern - 9
Captain America - 7
The Flash - 6 I'm not sure I would have gotten this one myself. Guess he's more popular than I realized
Wonder Woman - 5
Ironman - 3
Thor - 3
Aquaman - 2
Batgirl - 2
Captain Marvel - 2
Submariner - 2

And the 1-point list:
Nightwing, She-hulk, The Phantom, Dr. Strange, Venom, Captain Planet, Hawkman, Nick Fury, The Avengers

I was considering saying "superhero or superhero group", but The Avengers would have been too obvious if I had and I'm not really sure there are any other groups worth mentioning. Sorry, Spidey, you were the only one that allowed for multiple heroes, but you have my admiration for going for it.

Melkor - 31 (5)
BigBlue - 30 (3)
turgy22 - 26 (2)
rokapoke - 24 (1)
Ransac - 23
Spiderman - 23
Modus Pwnens - 21 - not bad for missing the top answer
Budget Player Cadet - 21
Moosman - 20
train - 15

And the scores:
turgy22 - 18
rokapoke - 12
BigBlue - 6
Melkor - 6
Mooseman - 6
Spiderman - 6
DarthFerret - 5
Ransac - 2
Budget Player Cadet - 1
train - 0
Modus Pwnens - 0

R

rokapoke

For those of you who, like myself, put down "Captain America"...

1990 movie

2009 (!) movie

I knew I had remembered seeing one on the shelf at A-to-Z video oh so long ago, but apparently there will be a big-budget one in the near future, too.

EDIT -- And nobody else put Captain Planet?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Who the heck is Capt. Planet? And he rates a movie?

Yeah, I had trouble with this one... I mostly read Marvel in the past, so wasn't sure who was popular over in DC after Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. I put down Green Lantern but not Flash or even Aquaman. Oh well.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
It was a Big-Screen movie that he asked for. The 1990 Cap film never went to theaters.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'd like a recount. Here's my list:
Captain America
Flash
Green Lantern
Iron Man
Venom

I count 26 points. Did you get my ballot confused with train's?

T

train

Thanks for the vote of confidence Turgy...:cool:...

Overall, pending recount, I hope I finally did something...

It's like that one time, at band-camp, when I broke out the Sneak-Attack... AND ROMPED ALL OVER THE TOURNAMENT!!!...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sorry, train. I wasn't trying to throw you under the bus or anything. I just noticed that you had 26 points and my answers should have been 26 points. I really am pulling for you to score (ditto Modus Pwnens), but I'd think you'd rather score on your own merits than by some mistake.

I'll see what EB has to say...

B

Budget Player Cadet

EricBess said:
I was considering saying "superhero or superhero group", but The Avengers would have been too obvious if I had and I'm not really sure there are any other groups worth mentioning. Sorry, Spidey, you were the only one that allowed for multiple heroes, but you have my admiration for going for it.
Uhh.... NEVER HEARD OF THE JLA?? JSA???

B

Budget Player Cadet

Yes, but they have superman, batman, green lantern, batgirl (who I find totally sexy), Rha's al Ghul (best villain ever!!), Lex Luthor...
I can't remember liking a Marvel character since the green goblin.

E

EricBess

[Embarrasment]Um...oops. Yeah, sorry turgy and even more sorry train...It appears that I did get your answers reversed on my spreadsheet.[/Embarrasment]

I've corrected the scores and removed the comments that were unfortunately probably insenstive toward train at this point. I don't know if it any consolation, but I will tell you that train and Modus Pwnens are currently tied for 3rd in round 6 with 7 lists submitted...No guarentees it will stay that way, though...

E

EricBess

Budget Player Cadet said:
Uhh.... NEVER HEARD OF THE JLA?? JSA???
Squadron Supreme, X-Statics, JLI, Thunderbolts...Yeah, I can name them and can probably come up with a few more, but I'm just not sure they would have made the list. Maybe JLA, but certainly none of the others would have been considered over anyone that was already on a list.

T

train

This just means that the Sneak Deck hasn't finished being sleeved, and I'm still working on a sideboard...

It's coming though... but you won't know when... it's a SNEAK ATTACK!!!...

:cool:

E

EricBess

Squadron Supreme, X-Statics, and Thunderbolts are all Marvel. They just aren't the "main" superhero groups. Thunderbolts were actually the Masters of Evil reinventing themselves as "psuedo-heroes". Squadron Supreme is sort of an alternate reality's version of the Avengers (though they are completely different, just similar abilities).