WWYT - Round 5 results

E

EricBess

Sorry these are a bit late. Been a bit distracted today. There is a website with a number line puzzle here and that huge one has been giving me fits, but I finally beat it. Now I can actually stop pretending to work and actually get some done :eek:

Okay, so most everyone just put a bunch of stuff that the knew would be a movie soon, or that is rumored to be, or that would make a cool sequel. I was expecting to see more answers of superheros that didn't already have movies.

There were a few that would be really cool as movies. I'll let you decide for yourselves. In the meantime, I was surprised that more people didn't put Green Lantern since there has been some discussion on that recently in other threads.

12 people responded this time and here are the results:
Fantastic Four (8) - I've heard rumors, but I haven't seen anything official that this is going to be a movie.
Spiderman (7) - Of course there will be a sequel.
Justice League (5) - Are there rumor here, too? I haven't heard any.
Silver Surfer (4) - I'd go opening day.
Avengers (3)
Green Lantern (3) - The technology exists to do this one right.
Iron Man (3) - Could be cool
The Hulk (3) - I've seen the trailer. Looks decent but I'm not impressed with the visuals.
Wonder Woman (3) - I just read an article about "chick" flicks. They weren't referring to romances and this would fit well.
X-Men (3) - good movie, good sequel
Superman (2) - I've heard rumors here, too.
The Flash (2)
The Punisher (2)

A lot of 1-pt answers as well. A few would be rather interesting. Many have already been done with varying success:
Batman, Captain America, Captain Marvel, Conan the Barbarian, Daredevil, Goku, Kai Budde, Mighty Mouse, Plastic Man, She-Hulk, Thor, Wolverine.

So, there you have it. The point breakdown is as follows:
Big Blue - 27 (5)
Spiderman - 26 (3)
train - 26 (3)
Azreal - 25 (1)
Jigglypuff - 23
sageridder - 21
TomB - 18
rkoelsch - 17
Apollo - 16
Nightstalkers - 16
Melkor - 11
orgg - 6

And the standings:
train - 16
BigBlue - 13
Apollo - 9
Spiderman - 9
Azreal - 6
orgg - 5
Jigglypuff - 4
sageridder - 2
TomB - 1

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Curses! I forgot all about the Justice League:rolleyes: I'm surprised that more people put Silver Surfer, I thought it would be fairly obscure, but I was spurred by your use of the word Silver in the last WWYT post EricBess.

N

Nightstalkers

A fantastic four movie? That would be a little uncanny wouldn't it?

ROFL! Sorry, couldn't stop myself from typing that... Seriously, whats the thing with all of the DC and them comix characters coming to video? Oh, well. You know what they say, too much of a good thing could be the end of some people. Even me.

J

Jigglypuff

I was only two points away from finishing in the points. Oh well...

(- Steve -)

B

BigBlue

They actually made a FF movie ages ago and the studio canned it, never released it and ordered all the copies destroyed it was so bad.

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/2.09/fan.four.html

I tried finding a better link, but failed. Interesting Trivia tidbit from imdb http://us.imdb.com/Trivia?0109770

In an interview with filmmaker Kevin Smith , Fantastic Four creator Stan Lee said that, unbeknown to the cast and crew, this movie was never intended to be released, and was made only because the studio who owned the rights to make a Fantastic Four movie would have lost the rights if they did not begin production by a certain date.
There is a *blockbuster* FF movie intended for a 2005 release with a big budget, stars, etc.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Missed sharing the lead by a point... must have been that Silver Surfer vote. Who would have thought he would have garnered four votes? :eek:

I put Justice League just because in my mind, there really aren't that many compelling DC heros who could do a movie solo that hasn't been done already, with the exception of Wonder Woman. But having a bunch of them together like the Avengers, that might be good. But I haven't heard anything, it was just a guess.