WWYT: Round 5 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This might get a more scattering of answers... :)

Name 5 things you'd like with you if you were alone on a deserted island.

PM your answer by Thursday, 4/20 by 7:00 AM EST.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of interesting answers....

Water/water bottle 5
wife/companion/Liz Leui 5
food 4
laptop/computer w/internet access 4
multi-tool/tools 3
Raft/Boat 3
fishing net/rod/gear 2
knife 2
Sunscreen/sun block 2
Volleyball 2

And 1 pt answers: bag of oranges, blanket, books, canvas tarp, Deck of playing cards, flint & steel, guitar, hammock, Magic cards, map, Medical supplies, Oars, Pillow, Radio transmitter, Rifle, Solar powered GPS/comm unit, Telescope

What's interesting is that two people put volleyball.... I guess they had Castaway on their brain :)

Since this was so open-ended, I combined some answers, like Lucy Leui with wife/companion and water bottle with water, as the intent was the same.

Two regulars also missed answering this question :(

Player (Score) - Game Points

Oversoul (18) - 5
Jigglypuff (17) - 3
Ransac (17) - 3
Limited (14) - 1
orgg (14) - 1
EricBess (13)
Mooseman (13)
BigBlue (11)
train (11)
turgy22 (10)

Total Game Points:

Jigglypuff: 16
Ransac: 12
BigBlue: 9
Limited: 9
Oversoul: 8
EricBess: 6
DarthFerret: 5
Melkor: 3
orgg: 3

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac dances the "I'm in second place!" dance. Unfortunately, this also happens to be the pigeon and Oversoul is inadvertantly knocked unconscious. A firestorm ensues.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

E

EricBess

Just out of the points again....

For the record, I thought of putting "wife", but the question specifically said ALONE...Guess I have to accomodate in the future for the fact that I'm playing with a bunch of illiterates :p:);):p

I can't believe I was the only one that thought it might be important to be able to build a fire...Guess you and I really are the only ones that watch "Survivor" around here, Spidey :D

BTW - for all of you who have your laptops with Internet access, better get online and plea for help before your batteries run dead :eek:

turgy22

Nothing Special
EricBess said:
For the record, I thought of putting "wife", but the question specifically said ALONE...Guess I have to accomodate in the future for the fact that I'm playing with a bunch of illiterates :p:);):p
QFT

EricBess said:
I can't believe I was the only one that thought it might be important to be able to build a fire...Guess you and I really are the only ones that watch "Survivor" around here, Spidey :D
I had knife and the canvas tarp, which, assuming the island is vegetated and has wildlife, is really all one needs to provide food, water, shelter and create fire. Flint is for sissies.

EricBess said:
BTW - for all of you who have your laptops with Internet access, better get online and plea for help before your batteries run dead :eek:
I did specify solar-power computer with a satellite modem in mine. Just trying to guess what other people would say.

D

DarthFerret

Whoa....time must be catchin up to me....I missed gettin in on this one...

D

DarthFerret

Yeah just this round. And now Oversoul is ahead of me....arghhhhhhhh

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I did say you start out alone, but I guess some people would like a companion to be with them :) Again, it just shows how people interpret the question, which makes this so great :)

And I thought you've been on between Monday and Thursday, DF... I always Sticky them :) But remember, I always try to post a new question on Monday and Thursday, barring holidays or unexpected illness.

D

DarthFerret

I know....just hectic round here. I have the day off of work today, and still have to go to the property, reset a culvert, dig a small ditch, clear 1 or 2 stumps, and weed eat around the spot cleared for the trailer. If it does not rain!

E

EricBess

Spiderman said:
I did say you start out alone, but I guess some people would like a companion to be with them :) Again, it just shows how people interpret the question, which makes this so great :)
Yep. All part of the game. Even though you said that, I still debated putting "my wife", but in the end decided more people would be influenced by "alone" than actually were. I judged wrong and lost points because of it. Next time, I'll remember that I'm playing with a bunch of idiots... (j/k :D)