WWYT - Round 4 Results

E

EricBess

Well, a couple of regulars didn't get answers in this round, and I didn't get a chance to send out reminders, so I apoligize, but I did warn that that might happen, so we're going to move on anyway. I'll try to do better next week, but work schedule is really tough right now, so I'm going to stick with updating the game on the weekends for at least one more week.

11 people responded this this question. Interetingly, there were again 2 camps of thinking. Personally, I would have put games such as "Rook" and "Uno" and the like, but apparently, the CPA has influenced the vote. I'm REALLY interested to know for this round - who put their answers because that's really what they thought of, and who put their answers because they thought it was what everyone else would put.

So, with 11 responses, the list of card games not played with playing cards is:
Magic, the Gathering - 11 (no surprise here)
Yu-Gi-Oh - 7
Pokemon - 6
Star Wars - 5
Uno - 5
Lord of the Rings - 4
L5R - 2
Pinochle - 2
Skip-Bo - 2
Wizard - 2

And 1-pt for: Battletech, Dragonball-Z, Euchre, Go-Fish, Magi-Nation, NetRunner, Rook, Spellfire, and Warhammer 40K

Of all of the non-CCG's, only Uno received more than 2 responses. Go figure.

Izaryo - 33 (5)
rkoelsch - 32 (2)
Zhaneel - 31 (1)
train - 30
TomB - 27
orgg - 25
sageridder - 25
BigBlue - 21
Spiderman - 21
Azreal - 19

A couple more players hitting the standings hard:
rkoelsch - 9
sagerridder - 8
Zhaneel - 6
Apollo - 5
Izaryo - 5
orgg - 5
Spiderman - 5
train - 5
Jigglypuff - 2
TomB - 2
Big Blue - 1

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

It figures the person who puts spellfire gets the lowest score this round:p

A

Apollo

My first thoughts were actually Uno and Pinochle, but I went with CCGs because that's what I thought other CPAers would do. And it looks like it worked pretty well, huh? ;)

Z

Zhaneel

Magic-type games came to my mind first, this being a magic forum after all. Took me a while to think of Uno.

T

train

I put what I thought others would put... should've kept Netrunner though...

R

rkoelsch

I put the first cards I thought of except for Guardians and Overpower which I didn't think anyone would know. I put Uno because that was the most popular non CCG that I could think of. I am curious about the pinocle and euchre answers. I thought those were played with playing cards.

E

EricBess

They are played with regular playing cards, so that's probably why not too many people put them. But, the question was, "...not played with a regular deck of playing cards..." and both Pinochle and Euchre use a different set of cards than a regular deck. Both games use 2 of each card, Pinochle uses only cards from 9 through Ace. Euchre as well, but some versions throw in 7's, 8's and/or Jokers.

E

EricBess

lol. Hey, remember, there are no right and no wrong answers. If 10 people had put "Poker" (or even Hi-Ho Cherry-O, for that matter), it would have been worth 10 points. :D