WWYT - Round 4 Results

E

EricBess

This one was eye opening. I was thinking that people would show their age with the TV question, but there was a line drawn with the toys.

Apparently, people of a certain age, when you say "toy", they think "action figure". I still remember pre-Star Wars days when there really weren't too many action figures around. Well...GI Joe, I suppose. Anyway, if I had been answering this question, I would have put Tinker Toys, GI Joe, Mr. Potatohead, and stuff like that. Since the two groups seem to be split, I would have done okay, but not excellent...

So, how did things pan out? With a tie between the only person to get 3 of the top 4 answers, and the only person who didn't get a one-point answer...Without further delay, 12 people responded to this question:

GI Joe (5)
Legos (5)
Star Wars (4)
Transformers (4)
Action Figures (3)
Hot Wheels (3)
Nintendo (3)
Bike (2)
He-Man (2)
Stuffed Animal (2)
Tinker Toys (2)
Water Guns (2)

Before I get to the 1-point answers, I want to once again mention that general answers and specific answers are both legitimate answers. Thus, "Action Figures" above is separate from specific types of action figures (ie Star Wars). Also, Video Game System is, for example, different than either Nintendo or Atari.

Army Men, Atari, Barbie (submitted by Zhaneel so no one has to dig into anyone's psychie), Big Blue Metal Robot, Board Games, Cap Gun, Chemistry Set, Erector Set, Etch-a-Sketch, Frisbee, Ghost Busters, M.U.S.C.L.E, Magic Cards, Mr. Potatohead, Nerf, Ninja Turles, Playdough, See and Speak, Stretch Armstrong, Tickle Me Elmo, Tonka Trucks, Video Games, Yo-Yos

Round scores:
Spiderman - 18 (5)
train - 18 (5)
Azreal - 17 (2)
Jigglypuff - 15 (1)
orgg - 13
rkoelsch - 12
sageridder - 11
Nightstalkers - 10
TomB - 10
Zhaneel - 10
Big Blue - 9
Apollo - 8

Boy, when Apollo falls, he really falls...:D

train - 13 (taking the lead and hitting the half-way mark)
Apollo - 9
BigBlue - 8
Spiderman - 6
orgg - 5
Azreal - 5
Jigglypuff - 4
sageridder - 2 (bonus point for question added)
TomB - 1

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I was hoping a lot of people were "children of the 80's"... I almost didn't put Star Wars but glad I did... woo-hoo!

J

Jigglypuff

Well, I got another point. It's better than nothing.

(- Steve -)

T

train

"I'll catch you Apollo... but I can't see you..."

Apollo - 'That's because you're standing on me you oaf!...'

Sorry Apollo...

Okay Spidey... You can no longer use your Spider Sense for these...:p

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

Legos! *smacks self in the face. I played with legos, I forgot all about them, what a great toy:D

N

Nightstalkers

built a house out of them once...

Didn't have enough money to buy a real playhouse. :rolleyes: :D :p

B

BigBlue

I can remember thinking that the cardboard box from a refridgerator was damn near the coolest thing. It made a helluva fort, and I got to use my pocket knife on it to make portholes...

on that cheap playhouse note... :D

Z

Zhaneel

It's really hard trying to think of what you guys would have played with... a bit different from Barbie and My Little Pony ;) :D

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I think "the real american hero";) was a good choice since it spanned such a long time period. Saying GI Joe could've meant the old 12inch ones from way back when or the smaller ones from the 70s/80s.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Barbies was one of my choices but since Zhaneel and Almindhra seem to be the only female players (that I know of), I figured it was better to go with guy choices :)

And I was thinking of the little guys for GI Joe, wasn't sure how many "older folk" here (maybe TomB and rkoelsch) may have played with the bigger ones from the 60's. :)

N

Nightstalkers

Zhaneel had a pony too!?! how very depressing that makes me... not to mention :eek: