WWYT - Round 3 Results

E

EricBess

So here's where I come clean. I was originally going to ask, "Other than Kai Budde and Jon Finkle..." but before posting the question, I decided that coming up with 3 others would be sufficient. Sure enough, out of the 13 responses, only 1 didn't put Jon and only 2 (different ones) didn't put Kai. Needless to say, if you are one of these 3 people, don't be expecting any victory points this round. :D

Other than that, the rest of the answers were pretty disburse, but there were quite a few good answer. Sticking with inventational winners was a good enough strategy to get Azreal in the points, but he would have been better with Rade than Pikula.

Jon Finkle (12)
Kai Budde (11)
Mike Long (5)
Zvi Mowshiwitz (5)
Brian Kibler (3)
Darwin Kastle (3)
John Omerod (3)
Olle Rade (3)
Randy Buehler (3)
Carlos Romao (2)
Chris Pikula (2)
Jamie Wakefield (2)

Roughly half of the answers were one-pointers:
David Price, David Sutcliff, Diego Ostrovich, Gary Wise, Mike Flores, Nicolas Labarre, Raphael Levy, Shawn "Hammer" Renier, Sim Han How, Steve Dickenson, Tomi Walamies.

So, how did everyone do?

Apollo - 36 (5) - continuing his trend of generic thinking.
Big Blue - 34 (3)
Azreal - 33 (2)
train - 33 (2)
Shiro - 32
Jigglypuff - 32
Almindhra - 31
rkoelsch - 30
orgg - 28
Nightstalkers - 26
sageridder - 25
Spiderman - 23
TomB - 20

Considering Kai, Jon, and 3 1-pt answers adds to 26, it's not hard to figure out who missed one of the two gimmies :D I'm guessing "list 5 CPA members most likely to score the lowest this round" (that would be an interesting question) would not have gotten those responses.

Apollo - 9
BigBlue - 8
train - 8
orgg - 5
Jigglypuff - 3
Azreal - 3
sageridder - 1
Spiderman - 1
TomB - 1

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
By my calculations, I should have 32 points (which still sucks 'cause I still miss the cutoff). I had the top 3 guys plus Rade... only one 1 pointer.

E

EricBess

Hmmm...On closer inspection, either Spiderman has the ability to change old PMs (wouldn't put it past him ;)) or I put one of his answers in the wrong row. It looks like he did indeed put Finkle, which somehow got marked down as Brian Kibler. As such, only 2 people said Brian and everyone had Jon Finkle.

Sorry Spidey. Big Blue and rkoelsch each put Brian, so their score doesn't change, but everyone else gets 1 more point. Spidey, of course, was way off and actually has 33 points. Something like this:

Apollo - 37 (5) - continuing his trend of generic thinking.
Big Blue - 34 (3)
Azreal - 34 (3)
train - 34 (3)
Shiro - 33
Spiderman - 33
Jigglypuff - 33
Almindhra - 32
rkoelsch - 30
orgg - 29
Nightstalkers - 27
sageridder - 26
TomB - 21

It doesn't affect who gets points, but because BigBlue had second, it actually creates a 3-way tie for 2nd instead of a 2-way tie for third. Azreal and train each get 1 more point. I'll correct this above.