WWYT: Round 3 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Name 5 Magic cards which have been on the Type 1 (now known as Vintage) Restricted List at one point or another EXCEPT the Power 9 (the fives Moxes of each color, Black Lotus, Time Walk, Timetwister, and Ancestral Recall).

PM your answer by Thursday, 4/13 by 7:00 AM EST.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Lots of varying answers... some stood out though.

Answers - Points

Library of Alexandria 5
Tolarian Academy 5
Demonic Tutor 4
Balance 3
Channel 3
Necropotence 3
Regrowth 3
Sol Ring 3
Memory Jar 2
Mind Over Matter 2
Strip Mine 2

And 1 pt answers (lots): Beserk, Black Vise, Braingeyser, Dark Ritual, Fact of Fiction, Fastbond, Lotus Petal, Mind Twist, Time Spiral, Time Vault, Vampiric Tutor, Wheel of Fortune, Windfall, Yawgmoth's Bargain, Zuran Orb

Player (Score) - Game Points

Jigglypuff (17) - 5
EricBess (16) - 3
Oversoul (16) - 3
Ransac (16) - 3
turgy22 (15)
Limited (14)
Melkor (14)
DarthFerret (12)
orgg (11)
BigBlue (7)

This time Ransac squeezes in while turgy22 is shut out.

Scores:

Jigglypuff: 10
Limited: 8
BigBlue: 4
Ransac: 4
EricBess: 3
Melkor: 3
Oversoul: 3
orgg: 2

turgy22

Nothing Special
Nuts! So close, too. Stupid Zuran Orb! Was that even restricted or did I just make that up?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
MWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Too much?

Okay. The important thing is that Limited, who dominated the last two rounds, got NOTHING! ZILCH! NADA! GOOSE EGGS! SPLEMKIG!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the Orb was restricted at one point way back in 95 or 96, but was unrestricted pretty quickly.

E

EricBess

Hey, I got points!!! Guess my strategy of cherry picking popular cards from the current list was good for something :D

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Spiderman said:
I think the Orb was restricted at one point way back in 95 or 96, but was unrestricted pretty quickly.
"Vintage tournaments (see Rule 801) restricted this card from 1995/11/01 through 1997/10/01. It is currently unrestricted."

And on another note: I scored!

L

Limited

Ransac said:
The important thing is that Limited, who dominated the last two rounds, got NOTHING! ZILCH! NADA! GOOSE EGGS! SPLEMKIG!
Okay, now its personal! :mad:

I can't believe I am the only one who said Vampiric Tutor.. :(

L

Limited

Backing out? Getting scared are ya?!

.. vengeance will be mine!!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
*Ransac prepares to snap his fingers, in case he begins to feel that Limited needs to wear black clothing that is 18 sizes too small.*

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

*Limited readies himself, to be able to become 18 sizes smaller at a moments notice*