WWYT - Round 2 Results

E

EricBess

Apparently, this was a difficult question and a couple people chose not to submit a list because they couldn't come up with anything. As such, there were only 8 submissions this time.

In general, though, I would say that it pays to guess anyway. In a previous round, I had someone tell me that they couldn't think of anything good. I told them to submit a list anyway and they ended up winning the round.

Remember, if you are having a hard time coming up with anything, there is a good chance that everyone else is, too, which means that you don't have to come up with "the" number one answer to win.

For those that didn't respond, try this - before looking at the results, come up with your own list anyway and then see if maybe you would have done better than you thought.

Okay, enough of that. Of the 8 people responding, here is the list of responses:

Harry Potter - 5
Snow White and the Seven Dwarves - 5
Alice in Wonderland - 3
Cinderella - 3
Sleeping Beauty - 3
The Grinch who stole Christmas - 2
The Little Mermaid - 2
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 2
Winnie the Pooh - 2

And the 1-point answers: Beauty and the Beast, Heidi, The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, Moster's Inc., Peter Pan, Pinnochio, Robin Hood, Stuart Little, The Cat in the Hat, The Princess Bride, The Sword in the Stone, Tom Sawyer, Treasure Island.

Most of the matches were Disney "classics" interestingly enough. A few of the 1-point answers were never books to begin with. BTW, on questions where specific answers are required, I'm a bit more lenient on the specific/general rule. For example, technically "Harry Potter" is different than "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone", but since general answers don't really apply to this question, I grouped them. Had someone submitted both Harry Potter books that have thusfar become movies, I would have either had to separate them, or asked that player to submit another answer as well.

Okay, points for this round:
sagerridder - 17 (5)
train - 17 (5)
Spiderman - 15 (2)
rkoelsch - 13 (1)
TomB - 12
Zhaneel - 12
Nightstalkers - 10
orgg - 10

And standings:
sagerridder - 6
Spiderman - 5
train - 5
Zhaneel - 5
rkoelsch - 2
TomB - 2
Big Blue - 1

R

rkoelsch

Okay Harry Potter is all of 10 years old. How is that classical? I knew I should have put that. Next time I second guess myself I should listen.

E

EricBess

I think Spidey hit it exactly. Harry Potter certainly may rise to the level of "Classic", but it hasn't been around long. I would be interested to know how many people put Harry Potter because they consider it classic, and how many put it because they figured everyone else would put it. :D

T

train

I actually tried to think of what everyone else would think...

I was drawing a blank for good books that made movies... and I haven't read the potter ones...:rolleyes: :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I definitely put it 'cause I thought other people would. I was also drawing a blank on classics and totally missed stuff like Treasure Island or Pinnochio (which I guess didn't matter since they were one-pointers).