WWYT - Round 2 results

E

EricBess

Okay, sorry for the delay, but I just wanted to make sure everyone had a fair chance to answer. I wasn't sure if the lack of answers was because they couldn't think of anything or because they just hadn't had a chance to respond.

So, without further delay, there are some of you out there that watch a lot more TV than others. The top 5 answers, which were all listed by one person, BTW, range from very old to not so very old. There were only 8 responses that were listed by more than one person, though, so a lot of 1-point answers today. Those 8 responses were (A total of 13 lists this round):

Cheers (7)
I Love Lucy (6)
Seinfeld (6)
The Cosby Show (5)
M*A*S*H (4)
All in the Family (3)
Happy Days (3)
Home Improvement (2)

Interestingly, if I were to answer this question, I would have put I Love Lucy, Seinfeld, M*A*S*H, and probably All in the Family, but I'm not sure what my 5th response would have been (probably Three's Company).

Like I said, a lot of 1-point responses this time:
Alf, Amen, Andy Griffith, The A-Team, Beavis and Butt-Head, The Beverly Hillbillies, Bewitched, Dick Van Dyke, Diff'rent Strokes, Family Matters, Firefly, Freakazoid, Full House, Gilligan's Island, I Dream of Jeanie, The Lone Ranger, Mad About You, Michael Jackson (the prince formally known as Michael Jackson), Mork and Mindy, Perfect Strangers, Sanford and Son, Soap, The Brady Bunch, The Honeymooners, The Jeffersons, The Nanny, Three's Company, Who's the Boss, and Wings.

So, after this little trip down memory lane:
Big Blue - 28 (5) - This guy watches a lot of TV
Jigglypuff - 23 (3)
Apollo - 22 (2)
Spiderman - 21 (1)
TomB - 21 (1)
sageridder - 20
Zhaneel - 19
Azreal - 13
orgg - 13
Nightstalkers - 11
Shiro - 10
rkoelsch - 7
Almindhra - 5

A lot of really good answers given. Those that went back too far ended up hitting more obscure SitComs that no one else thought of. Perhaps the Lucy special coming up on TV helped keep that in mind, but I suspect that Lucy would have had the matches anyway. Apollo is the only player to score points in both rounds:

BigBlue - 5
orgg - 5
train - 5
Apollo - 4
Jigglypuff - 3
sageridder - 1
Spiderman - 1
TomB - 1

A

Almindhra

Darnit!...I read it as you can't count reruns....grrrr.......

J

Jigglypuff

Oh yeah! Jigglypuff's on the board! Though I can't believe I forgot about Seinfeld...

(- Steve -)

T

train

List 5 SitComs that haven't been on the air (discounting reruns) for a very long time
Okay - The way I read that is: List 5 sitcoms - that haven't been on the air - for a very long time.

What first comes to mind is Watching Ellie, or The new Ritter sitcom "8 rules..."

You know - stuff that's new and hadn't been on the air for a very long time... and I couldn't think of 5 of them...

I guess it could've been the nostalgia question that everyone answered it to be... I'll just ask next time...

oh well...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm on the board! Despite having a one point answer!

8 Rules has been on (plus they keep playing reruns). Watching Ellie... maybe, but I guess not alot of other people were thinking that way :)

E

EricBess

Hmmm... Interesting that the same question can be interpreted 3 different ways. Well, since nothing is technically a wrong answer, I suppose part of the fun is matching interpretations of the question. For instance, if everyone had interepreted the question the same way a train, then those answers would have scored the most matches, even though that wasn't how the question was intended :D

I'll try to be clear in the future. But then again, I thought I was being clear before....so I guess I'm not the best judge of clearness :D

T

train

Spidey's right EB - you were clear...

And if you all ever find me in the sane world you all live in... please send me back to Texas!...;)

B

BigBlue

The problem is.... everything you say makes sense to you. Even if it was qwer wereou woiueroiueo caasrljhr. :D

Always an interpretive thing. Perhaps if you give examples... I was the person asking clarification, I wanted to know what he meant by "very long". I wasn't sure whether he meant off the air 20 years or more or not. I would suggest not using bold in your descriptions... But I must say, I love this game.

And yes, I do watch too much TV. I almost answered every one of the multiple pointers and many of the one pointers... After I took out TV shows which weren't sitcoms... :) Adam-12, Emergency, Star Trek, ST: The Next Generation, The Fall Guy, McGyver, ... all good shows when I was young, but none of them Sitcoms.

B

BigBlue

Dude, I coulda gone on for hours... I had to stop somewhere....

Barney Miller, Fish, Perry Mason, Dragnet (I suppose there is a new series of the same name...), LA Law, Max Headroom, ST: Voyager, ST: DS9, Babylon 5, The Twilight Zone, The Outer Limits, Logan's Run, Scarecrow and Mrs. King, Moonlighting, Remington Steele, Hart to Hart, Murder She Wrote, Lost in Space, Hill Street Blues, Gunsmoke, The Rifleman, Branded, Rawhide, Little House on the Prarie, The 6 Million Dollar Man, Bionic Woman, Wonder Woman, Spider-Man, the Incredible Hulk, Superman, The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles (or something like that), Xena, Earth: Final Conflict, Friday the 13th: The Series, ...

OK, I'm done now. It was getting harder to come up with 5 in my head at once...

How could I forget: The Rockford Files, Maverick, The Mod Squad, ??? (Damn detective show starring Buddy Ebson which is driving me bonkers), ...

I'm done, really...