WWYT Round 13 - Results

E

EricBess

I wanted to share with everyone why it is sometimes more fun to run one of these games than to play. Today, we have a guest introduction :D

Istanbul wrote on 08-29-2001 10:32 AM:
Oh god, I'm doomed.

Barney
Sesame Street
Blue's Clues
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood (right, THAT'LL get chosen)

God, dude...these are getting evil. I'm recruiting help from my contacts online and getting minimal support.

Teletubbies!

I'm sooooooo not gonna score this round. :p
14 submissions:
Sesame Street (12) - Don't worry Ransac, you're in good company. Spidey missed this one too.
Teletubbies (11) - I applaud those of you who missed this one for your taste.
Barney and Friends (10) - It had to happen.
Blue's Clues (7) - My daughter's personal favorite.
Mr. Roger's Neighborhood (6) right, THAT'LL get chosen ;)
Pokemon (6)
Arthur (2)
Captain Kangaroo (2) - We're dating ourselves, people.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2)

And the 1 point answers. Some of these were close to each other, but they are all distinct shows (or categories instead):
Disney Cartoons, Dragon Tales, The Electric Company, Howdy Doody, Looney Toons, Muppets, Out of the Box, Power Rangers, Romper Room, Rugrats, Spongebob Squarepants, Tiny Toons

Now, let's date ourselves by considering how many of these we know or have seen ;) I have no idea what Spongebob Squarepants is, but the only other one's I've never seen are Teletubbies (the adds are bad enough) and Howdy Doody.

Istanbul - 46 (5)
Melkor - 46 (5)
nodarb - 45 (2)
Chaos Turtle - 42 (1)

Gerode - 41 - Everyone breaths a sigh of relief :D
Azreal - 41
Apollo - 40
sageridder - 40
theOrgg - 36
Ransac - 35
Hetemti - 31
Spiderman - 28
Rando - 22
rkoelsch - 17

standings:
Gerode - 22
Chaos Turtle - 20 - Ready for a coup?
Hetemti - 15
Melkor - 15
Istanbul - 15
nodarb - 14
Azreal the Soulmaster - 13
Apollo - 11
Spiderman - 10* (modified - see note below)
sleepy - 9
TurdCutter - 8
sageridder - 8
Rando - 7
Ransac - 6
Jake74 - 6
fuzzy - 5
Mundugu - 5
TheOrgg - 1

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

well at least i'm always up there in points

G

Gerode

I'm not breathing a sigh of relief...

Now Turtle actually has a chance!

S

sageridder

I allmost put it instead of power rangers.But thought since he retired it wouldn't be picked either.:(
I have to stop second guessing myself on these.

I

Istanbul

Allow me to stare in slack-jawed shock.

:eek:

The 9th sign of the Apocalypse, people. Ph33r it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess, can you post or PM my answers? I was sure I said Sesame Street...

My answers to the best of my recollection were:

Sesame Street
Teletubbies
Barney
Blue's Clues
Arthur

E

EricBess

Um....I have a right to make mistakes, right? I went back and checked. I had put the check in the wrong place on Spidey's column. You did say "Sesame Street", Spidey. I accidently entered it in under Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Kermit looks like a shell less turtle, right?).

Anyway, but you didn't say "Barney", you said "Mr. Rogers". Basically, what this does to the scores is that everyone gains 1 point except Gerode (who put TMNT) and Ransac (who didn't say Sesame Street), and Spidey jumps to 39 pts, which doesn't have any effect on the top 4.

Thanks for catching that Spidey.

BTW, it pays to keep your list and make sure that the number of points is correct. If I do make a mistake, I can correct it. I will never take points away, so if it gives someone else points as well, I'll just make that correction. For the inconvenience, I will give the person I messed up 2 bonus pts for finding the error. Spidey, I'll update the standings to reflect this.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't hit ya over the head, did I? I was just positive I said Sesame Street.

I could have sworn I said Barney too though. Huh.

Thanks! :)

E

EricBess

No, you just threw me for a loop. Normally, I've very careful about that sort of thing. I must have really been tired when I did that because I didn't remember ever seeing the comment you put into your PM either.

I can check again, but I warn you, if it has Barney, I'm going to start suspecting that you are abusing your administrator priviledges :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If I was gonna abuse it, I would have made sure it would put me in the winning position, rather than mid-pack... :D