WWYT Round 11 - Results

E

EricBess

This is by far the best round to use as an example of whether or not to submit general or specific results. I'm sure that it crossed a lot of people's minds as they were coming up with their lists. Do I put "Clothing", or do I put specific types of clothing? Well, a couple of people did both and ended up gaining an edge because of it. Interestingly enough, only one of the people that put general and specific gained enough matches to get points, but that was more because of the other answers given more than the theory. Both "Clothing" and "Underwear" were very good choices and there is nothing wrong with listing both, as a few people did.

17 Respondants:
Clothes (12)
Toothbrush (12)
Books (8)
Underwear (6)
Magic Cards (5)
Money (4)
Music (4)
Pants (4)
Shirts (4)
Socks (4)
Camera (3)
Hairbrush (2)
Laptop Computer (2)
Shoes (2)
Swimsuit (2)

And, the 1 point answers:
Alarm Clock, Gameboy, Identification, Razor, Shampoo, Suitcase, Sunscreen, Tickets, Toiletries, Toothpaste, Tourist Guide

Everyone put either "clothing" or specific items of clothes, so no one will go without that way, but a lot of people will be rushing to the store to buy toothpaste to go with their toothbrushes.

Apollo - 41 (5)
Jake74 - 41 (5)
Chaos Turtle - 36 (2)
Hetemti - 36 (2)
Rando - 36 (2)

Mundungu - 35
Melkor - 35
Gerode - 32
Spiderman - 31
Istanbul - 31
Azreal - 30
sleepy - 30
rkoelsch - 27
Ransac - 27
sageridder - 26
theOrgg - 19
TurdCutter - 16

Standings:
Gerode - 22
Chaos Turtle - 19 - Sneaking up. Watch out Gerode.
Apollo - 11 - Big jump there. Proving it's still anyone's game.
Melkor - 10
Hetemti - 10
sleepy - 9
Istanbul - 9
TurdCutter - 8
Spiderman - 8
sageridder - 8
Azreal the Soulmaster - 8
nodarb - 7
Rando - 7
Ransac - 6
Jake74 - 6 - making his presence known. Jake's first point was in round 10.
fuzzy - 5
Mundugu - 5

M

Mundungu

Once again I miss the top spots by a slight margin.
I guess I should have said Magic cards :(

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I would never bring magic cards with me, i'd be afraid l'd lose them:rolleyes:

H

Hetemti

Just bring a green deck. They're cheap to make, always put up a fight, and best of all...

...they're expendable!

S

sageridder

Not a single vote for deodorant,maybe the rumors about smelly gamers are true.:p

E

EricBess

That's a good point. The one "toiletries" answer can be considered to include deoderant, but the rest of you... Plan your vacation somewhere other than Vancouver, WA.

G

Gerode

Is Portland far away enough for you?

Wow, Turtle and I have some distance from everyone else. Aa good round could get many people in the running, though. I gotta keep on getting 5 points so the rest of the pack can't catch up :)

E

EricBess

Vancouver is right across the river from Portland.

The game goes to 25, so everyone else needs to keep you from scoring again so they can catch up. You've been getting more 1st place victories, but CT has been more consistent with getting points, just not as many. Could this be a classic case of the tortouse (no pun intend....well, okay, maybe a little ;)) and the hare? Or will someone else really turn on the afterburners?

R

rkoelsch

I have established a new goal for myself. And that is to answer each of the remaining question truthfully and not score any points. Therefore showing I have nothing in common with the insane people who frequent this site :D

J

Jake74

Look at that! I told ya I was coming...
It's all mine now...

Yeah!!

I just started and got a five point round!!!!

Woo Hoo!!