WWYT - Round 11 Results

E

EricBess

Okay, I have preliminary results with 9 people having answered, but there are a couple of regulars that sometimes need a reminder, so the actual results will be posted here tomorrow at about this time (roughly 6:00 PST). I'm sending out reminders now.

T

train

Get on the ball now guys...

come on...

Oh yeah - I should zip it huh?...:rolleyes: :p

N

Nightstalkers

*Starts playing jepardy music*

Oh, and the clocks ticking people! Run, scamper, crawl your way to the voting booths and vote in favor of Mr. Swarzineggar or I'll blow yer knees off with me shotgun!!!

Oh wait, wrong place, and I'm not doing that anymore.... Well, just forget I said anything at all then.

Should us votin' folks set up for brunch then?:rolleyes:

E

EricBess

"Sorry, forgot" were the imortal words of one CPA member as the number participating in this round goes from 9 to 10 :D. If he wants to rat himself out, I'll let him, in the meantime, I'll post the answers:

Burger King (10)
McDonalds (10) - apparently, these first two were gimme's
Wendy's (9) - no one upset that train missed this one (except train, perhaps :D)
Taco Bell (8)
Carl's Jr. (3)
KFC (3)
Arby's (2)
Rally's (2)

With nearly everyone getting the top 4, there were only 3 1-pt answers this time: Checkers, Long John Silvers, Subway.

Basically, it breaks down that if you got the 4 standard answers and your 5th answer matched with someone, you are in the points.

Jigglypuff - 40 (5)
Spiderman - 40 (5)
TomB - 40 (5)
Appollo - 39 (1)
rkoelsch - 39 (1)
Azreal - 38
BigBlue - 38
Nightstalkers - 34
sageridder - 34
train - 32

And standings:
train - 21
Apollo - 16
sagerridder - 16
rkoelsch - 13
Spiderman - 12
BigBlue - 9
Jigglypuff - 9
TomB - 9
Azreal - 8
Zhaneel - 5
orgg - 4
Izaryo - 4
Nightstalkers - 2

N

Nightstalkers

Sorry to tell you this, but in the south Checkers is Rally's in the North.

Just thought I'd tell ya that.

R

rkoelsch

It was me being late.

Okay I know must of those except where and what is Carl Jrs that got 3 votes?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've never heard of it either. Must be "local" in a region.

I didn't get what Nightstalkers said. Is it Checkers in the south, Rally's in the north?

Almost put Subway too... changed it for KFC (get the chicken represented :) )

B

BigBlue

I figured that Subway was a lock... boy was I off target...

And not one Sonic from the Southerners... And I'd heard they were a good place to go.

No White Castle from the East?

Jack in the Box from the West?

It's amazing to me that Carl Jr's made it - because it's Hardee's isn't it?

E

EricBess

Nightstalkers, I'm 95% certain that combining Rally's and Checkers would not make a significant impact, but I'll check to see.

Regardless, I agree with Spiderman. Best to go with the big chains.

All the same, I allowed you to count your answer of Hardee's as Carl's Jr. since you pointed out that they were the same and since no one put Hardee's anyway. Technically speaking, by the rules of the game, they are two different answers, but I want to account a bit for the regional thing to avoid giving advantages.

Carl's Jr. is actually all over the place here on the West coast.

And BB, I don't know if people really think of Subway as "fast food", even though it really is. I think the phrase implies "unhealthy" and "lots of fat". :D

R

rkoelsch

I almost put White Castle and instead put Rallys. Didn't realize it was regional too.

B

BigBlue

I wouldn't have put a regional either... but I figured someone might not realize a regional...

As for Subway being the "healthy" choice... They are still the fastest growing franchise in the world which is why I figured someone would have put them...

No A&W either... of course they are hard to find anymore. Dairy Queen woulda been another that I might have seen...

Do I eat fast food too much? :D

N

Nightstalkers

I don't want anyone to get confused or anything.

Hmm....

new question: Name 5 ISP's?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Nightstalkers
new question: Name 5 ISP's?
You probably should have sent it to EB in a PM though, instead of posting it...:(

Hey! I scored! :eek:

T

train

Long John silver's is more national than some of those!...

oh well...

"Ye land-lubbers..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought of Subway's but don't really consider them as fast food so hoped no one else (or the minority) would also think that way :)