WWYT: Round 11 Answers and Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Name 5 fantasy "non-hero" or monster races EXCLUDING human, dwarf, elf, and halfling/hobbit. PM your answers by Friday, 5/12 by 7:00 AM EST.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Answers - Points

Goblin 9
Dragon 8
Orc 8
Ogre 6
Troll 4
Gnome 3
Centaur 2
Demon 2
Fairies/Pixies 2
Giant 2
Kender 2
Kobold 2
Zombie 2

And the 1 pt answers: Borg, Drow, Ghost, Klingon, Merfolk, Minion, Minotaur, Mutant, Spirit, Sprites, Undead, Vulcan, Wookie

Well, apparently I wasn't clear enough. I was so used to playing Basic D&D that I forgot about the Gnome and a couple people apparently had Dragonlance in mind with the Kender. And unfortunately, one person put races more seen in science-fiction than fantasy (unless his idea of fantasy IS science-fiction :) ) I wonder what the answers would have been like if I didn't exclude the ones I did, but I was trying to get non-human monster races, what you'd typically fight if you were a hero or a character in D&D.

Players (Scores) - Game Points

EricBess (35) - 5
turgy22 (33) - 3
Oversoul (32) - 2
Jigglypuff (30) - 1
Melkor (29)
orgg (28)
train (26)
Ransac (25)
BigBlue (24)
DarthFerret (21)
Limited (14)
sageridder (9)
Lythand (5)

Overall Game Points

turgy22: 22
Jigglypuff: 21
EricBess: 17
BigBlue: 15
Ransac: 14
DarthFerret: 14
Oversoul: 11
Limited: 9
Melkor: 8
orgg: 6
Mooseman: 5
train: 3
Lythand: 2

And turgy22 jumps in the lead!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
:(

I need someone to cut off turgy22's, EricBess's, Jigglypuff's, and BigBlue's internet connection for the next several rounds.... or just smash their fingers with a hammer.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:

I need someone to cut off turgy22's, EricBess's, Jigglypuff's, and BigBlue's internet connection for the next several rounds.... or just smash their fingers with a hammer.
No you don't. You just need to come up with better answers. I had 0 points through the first 5 rounds of this. Then I stopped being honest in my answers and decided to just put what I thought everyone else would say.

Anyway, I don't know EricBess, Jigglypuff or BigBlue personally, so I can't help you there. But if you really want my fingers smashed with a hammer, I'll do it for a hundred bucks. I also might do it for free the next time I try fixing something around my house, but there's no guarantee on that.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
turgy22 said:
No you don't. You just need to come up with better answers. I had 0 points through the first 5 rounds of this. Then I stopped being honest in my answers and decided to just put what I thought everyone else would say.

Anyway, I don't know EricBess, Jigglypuff or BigBlue personally, so I can't help you there. But if you really want my fingers smashed with a hammer, I'll do it for a hundred bucks. I also might do it for free the next time I try fixing something around my house, but there's no guarantee on that.

No guarantee that you'll do it for the hundred bucks or no guarantee that you'll try fixing something around your house again.

*Ransac notices that turgy22 has bandaids and scars all over his arms and legs.*

hmm......

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:
No guarantee that you'll do it for the hundred bucks or no guarantee that you'll try fixing something around your house again.

*Ransac notices that turgy22 has bandaids and scars all over his arms and legs.*
No guarantee that I'll smash my fingers trying to fix something around my house. I might break a leg or bash my head in, but that will hardly prevent me from typing.

S

sageridder

well I misread the question, I took it to be non hero and non monster.

B

BigBlue

Ransac said:

Ransac, cpa trash man
Don't worry bout me... I haven't scored any points in forever....

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'd thought of trolls, but figured it would only be a somewhat popular response. If I'd put troll instead of undead, I would have won this round.

As much as I didn't want to put orc (the other creatures are already mythical, I don't need a monster that is fake twice), I knew it would be one of the top answers.

B

BigBlue

See, I got caught up in "race" and was not thinking of Dragons - and I didn't do Ogres either since they are so solitary... oh well...

E

EricBess

I put Goblins, Orcs, Ogres, and Trolls right off, but wan't sure what to put for the 5th choice. I was debating between Gnomes and Zombies because I was thinking the same thing as you BigBlue. I eventually just put Dragons because I realized that it fit the subject and a lot of people might think of that. I figured most people would hesitate to put it for the same reasons, but it was the best I had. Apparently I was wrong and a lot of other people thought of it.

D

DarthFerret

I want to say Kudos to the other person that put Kender! Long live the little ones!

(I love playing a Kender in Dragonlance, the only problem is, the other players don't!)

DarthFerret, cpa sith weasel.