WWYT Round 1 - Results

E

EricBess

Okay, the week is up and the results are in. Twelve people submitted replies First, all of the answers that were submitted by more than one player. The number in () is the number of players that submitted that answer and subsequently, the number of points that answer is worth:

China (10) - Wow. Sorry to those 2 that missed this one.
Autralia (6)
The Moon (4)
Japan (4)
Pluto (4)
Timbuktu (3)
Russia (2)
Hawaii (2)
Dominia (2)
The Sun (2)

Only Ransac had all 5 of his answers matched by at least one other person. The following were submitted by only one person and are worth one point each (in no particular order):

Urborg, South Pole, Phyrexia, Paris, Oz, North Pole (submitted by a different person than said South Pole), Never-Never Land, Nepal, Mars, Abu Dahbi (?), Neptune, Saturn, Jupiter, Istanbul (who didn't even play), Baghdad, Star Wars Galaxy, Uranis, Ransac's Brain (don't shoot the messanger :D), Siberia, India, Saudi Arabia

Without further ado, the scores for round one:

Hetemti - 25 (5) - with 4+ pts for all but one of his answers - good job
Chaos Turtle - 24 (3)
Ransac - 24 (3)
Gerode - 22 (1)
Spiderman - 22 (1)

Just out of the money:
nodarb - 21
Apollo - 21
Rando - 19
Melkor - 19
TurdCutter - 18

And those who didn't list China:
theOrgg - 9 - planets were good, but not a common enough guess
sageridder - 6 at least Apollo listed one place from the Magic universe to give you an extra point. I would have thought they would be more popular too, given the group.

Standings after round one:
Hetemti - 5
Chaos Turtle - 3
Ransac - 3
Gerode - 1
Spiderman - 1

A

Apollo

You're welcome, Sage...

I thought you were supposed to be good at these games?:p

T

theorgg

-->At least I didn't go with my original thought and have Star Trek ships... and the death star...

Oh-- my name is The ORGG, not org-- or just Orgg.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm still confused a bit on the scoring...

So in your first list, 10 people said China so it's worth 10 points.

How does the 22 number next to my name in the second list relate?

E

EricBess

Orgg: Sorry, typo. I'll fix it.

Spidey: Yes, each guess is worth points equal to the number of people (including yourself) who listed that guess. There are two scoring systems going on at the same time. The first is overall scoring. You are trying to get 25 points to win the game. The second is scoring for the individual round. You get points within a round by matching answers. You had 22 points for the round (add up the points for your answers and you will see what I mean). That was enough to land you in a tie for 4th, which gained you 1 point toward the 25.

Remember, 1st (or a tie for 1st) is worth 5 pts, 2nd is worth 3, 3rd is worth 2 and 4th is worth 1. Each player scores a bunch of points in a round, but it only their standing within the individual rounds that determine how many "match" points they receive. Only the match points matter in the long run.

Rando: Any answer given may be either specific or general. Part of the game is to figure out whether you think everyone else will be giving specific or general answers as well. In other words, the same person could have said "Siberia" and "Russia" on the same list and this would have been okay and counted as two different responses.