WWYT - Round 1 Results

E

EricBess

A few people pointed out that Dragons are not technically "mythical". Regardless, they would inevitably put that as an answer anyway, "just in case". I think most people think "Greek" or "Roman" mythology, which is where most of the answers fall, but regardless, what's important is where the matches are so, with 12 people submitting answers:

Dragon - 10
Pegasus - 7
Unicorn - 7
Gryphon - 5
Minotaur - 4
Elf - 3
Centaur - 2
Dwarf - 2
Gorgon - 2
Yeti - 2

And the list of 1-point answers:
Angel, Basilisk, Ceberus, Cyclops, Demon, Fairie, Goblin, Hercules, Hydra, Jigglypuff, Manticore, Odin, Pheonix, Satyr, Sphynx, Succubus.

This would be a good point for a reminder of specific vs. general. It wasn't an issue this round, but suppose someone had submitted "Medusa". Medusa is a specific example of a gorgon. However, being a specific answer, it would have been treated as a different answer than gorgon. In fact, it is perfectly legal to submit both on the same list, but they won't match with each other.

Well, I'm not going to pretend like Mr. Generic isn't still shining, but he did miss out at first place this round...and a very fitting start to our game, I must say:

Zhaneel - 30 (5)
Spiderman - 29 (3)
TomB - 28 (2)
Big Blue - 27 (1)
rkoelsch - 27 (1)
sagerridder - 27 (1)
Nightstalkers - 24
orgg - 23
Azreal - 19
train - 18
Izaryo - 17
Jigglypuff - 11 (who alas, put "characters" rather than "creatures")

Standings thus far:
Zhaneel - 5
Spiderman - 3
TomB - 2
Big Blue - 1
rkoelsch - 1
sagerridder - 1

R

rkoelsch

Woohohh Party!!! I scored a point. I am so happy. I want to thank my parents for making this all possible and of course the academy. :D

T

train

I know it's based on answers... but elves, and dwarves are not creatures - they're races...:rolleyes:

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

i'm a little disappointed that not a single person put down kraken. clash of the titans was such a great movie, well at least a bunch of people put gorgon.

J

Jigglypuff

I misread the question as "mythological characters". Dang it.

(- Steve -)

Z

Zhaneel

*falls off chair* wow, I go away for a few days, and look what happens!

And I couldn't think of the word 'minotaur' for the life of me... I kept thinking 'manticore'