WWYT - Round 1 Results

E

EricBess

Before I get to the results, I need to clarify something that has been an issue in the past. That is an issue with specific versus general. For example, suppose the question were - "Name 3 things that grow on trees". You could answer "Apples", "Golden Delicious Apples", and "Fruit". These would all be valid answers and would only match those specific answers from other players.

However, if two things are synonomous, I am likely to treat them as the same. So, in the current round, an answer of "Great Britain" is being treated the same as an answer of "England" since my understanding is that the terms are interchangible, just as an answer of "America" would be the same as "USA", or "The US". On the other hand, "The United Kingdoms" is different than "Great Britain" as it is broader term.

So, having said that, let's look at the answers given. The number in parens "()" is the number of players (out of 14 for this round) that submitted that particular response, and subsequently, the number of points that response is worth:

France (12)
North Korea (11)
England (8)
Germany (8)
China (6)
Iran (5)
Russia (4)
Syria (4)
Afganistan (2)
Isreal (2)

And then there are the list of non-matching answers. Each of these is worth a single point only:
Canada, Hong Kong (yes, he knew it wasn't a country), Korea , Kuwait, Pakistan, Singapore, Turkey, United Kingdom.

There was a lot of matching going on this round, so getting those high points turned out to be pretty important. Points break down like this:

orgg - 45 (5)
train - 45 (5)
Apollo - 44 (2)
sageridder - 43 (1)
Almindhra - 41
Jigglypuff - 41
Azreal - 40
Shiro - 36
TomB - 36
Big Blue - 35
Spiderman - 35
Zhaneel - 27
rkoelsch - 24
Nightstalkers - 10

That puts victory points looking like this:
orgg - 5
train - 5
Apollo - 2
sageridder - 1

N

Nightstalkers

Hong Kong? What a great answer!

Whats the next one? :yawn: :D :p

B

BigBlue

dangit.... Right after I hit submit I knew I shoulda put N Korea instead of one of those 1 pointers...

oh well.

N

Nightstalkers

We have all decided to give up this game... except the quiet one in the corner.

A

Almindhra

Damn you sageridder!....I was only one person away from pts!....

*cries in the corner*

Z

Zhaneel

Damn you... um... everybody but rkoelsch and Nightstalkers... :p :D