WWYT: Question 3 Answer & Scores!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If you were out of groceries and your pantry was bare, name the top 5 items that you would grab and buy in a grocery store.

PM your answer by Thursday, 5/3 by 7:00 AM EDT. Anyone can join in.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess had an interesting observation that this question was really "Who has a family and who's single?" But there were still three items that I guess everyone has to have, no matter their status. It's the next two that varied.

Answers:

Bread 9
Milk 7
Eggs 6
Butter 3
Lunchmeat/Meat 3
Cereal 2
Cheese 2
Chips 2
Soup 2

And 1 pt answers: Beans, Coffee, Jelly, Macaroni & Cheese, Mustard, Peanut Butter, Ramen Noodles, Soda, Tuna

It was interesting that I guess aside from milk, most everyone expects to drink water except for the person who drinks soda. No one put down juice or anything like that.

Scores this round:

Mooseman: 27 (5)
TomB: 27 (5)
DarthFerret: 26 (2)
Limited: 26 (2)
EricBess: 25
BigBlue: 24
Melkor: 23
Lythand: 16
train: 15

Overall Scores:

Ransac: 8
DF: 7
Mooseman: 7
TomB: 5
Limited: 3
Melkor: 3
train: 3
BigBlue: 2

L

Limited

:mad:

Got the top four and still I get only 2 pts. How am I ever going to catch up?

L

Limited

Great! Rub it in! How could I have known that I am the only one buying beans.

T

train

I read pantry - thought dry...

and thought nothing of a REFRIGERATOR... which is where a lot of the others would be... sheesh :rolleyes:

:cool:

"That's why it is WWYT..."

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
YES.... my love of cereal carries the antlered one into a tie at the top with TomB for the week.....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I thought "out of groceries" made it seem like you had nothing in the house, but maybe I was wrong... :)

E

EricBess

I considered putting something to drink Spidey, but nothing really stood out as something that would be chosen by others. Interestingly enough, though, if I had put something to drink, it probably would have been "bottled water" :D

Then again, I also considered "lunch meat" and likewise rejected that. Guess I missed :D

T

train

Spiderman said:
I thought "out of groceries" made it seem like you had nothing in the house, but maybe I was wrong... :)
Sometimes the pantry is bare, but the fridge is stocked...

Hooray for sandwich meat!...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But that's what I thought I was saying by "out of groceries". I should have just said "You have nothing in the house" :)