WWTY - Round 8 Results

E

EricBess

I'm calling this one a bit short because everyone that usually responds has done so. I'm also warning anyone who is standing around in a fiery furnace to watch their backs for snowballs because they may actually stand a chance now days. You'll see what I mean by the end of the results.

For the first time (and this is NOT what I was referring to above), all 13 people have put the same answer. As such, everyone gets the points for that answer and it effectively cancels out. However, if anyone had missed it, they would have had no chance whatsoever. Without further ado, the answers:

Knights (13)
Castles (8)
The Plague (6)
Crusades (4)
Swords (4)
The Inquisition (3)
Armor (2)
Chivalry (2) - who says it's dead?
Dragons (2)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (2) - I don't think either thought they would match
Church State (2)
Robin Hood (2)
Shields (2)

And a few one-point answers:
arrows, blacksmiths, damsel, feudal, guillotine, horses, Joan of Arc, Jousting, Kai Budde, King Arthur, Kings, (just kidding about Kai - wanted to see if anyone was paying attention), tournaments, villages, witch burnings.

In typical fashion, Spiderman had no 1 point answers. And, it scores him points again. Orgg also matched with all 5 of his answers, but falls outside the points with mostly 2-point answers. Three people (begin drumroll here) each got the top 4 answers (well, 4 of the 5, anyway, there were 2 4-point answers) and a single 1-point answer, so we have a 3-way tie for first....Finally busting out of the gates:

Nightstalkers (5) - The sane one must have gotten the keyboard this time :D
rkoelsch - 32 (5) - So close so often.
TomB - 32 (5) - Okay, to be fair, he had already scored previously
Azreal - 30 (1)
Spiderman - 30 (1)
train - 28
Big Blue - 27
Zhaneel - 26
Melkor - 25
Apollo - 24
orgg - 23
sageridder - 22
Jigglypuff - 20

Side note - This just struck me as odd, but doesn't the list of names above look like we're playing Racko or something? :D

For the most part, the 13 that responded this time represent those that have responded every round (Melkor started late). When Nightstalkers and rkoelsch finally get on the board, they don't mess around.

BigBlue - 18
Spiderman - 18
train - 16
Azreal - 12
Apollo - 10
orgg - 8
TomB - 7
Nightstalkers - 5
rkoelsch - 5
Jigglypuff - 4
sageridder - 2
Melkor - 1
Zhaneel - 1

As I mentioned before, it's not over until it's over. A couple good rounds puts anyone in contention for the lead.

R

rkoelsch

Argh I can't believe this. and I almost missed this round. Insane.:D

N

Nightstalkers

That was an easy probability to guess.

The future is ours to toy with now.

J

Jigglypuff

Actually, I thought everyone was going to put Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Doesn't anyone watch movies anymore? Dang I suck.

(- Steve -)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've caught up to ya, BigBlue!

Dang, I knew I should have put Swords instead of Inquisition... 2 points difference...