WWTY Round 6 - Results

R

rkoelsch

Remember the object of the game is not to answer the questions correctly but to guess what others will say. That is what makes it a very devious game instead of a trivia game. I knew the correct answer but was trying to anticipate some incorrect ones. It can get mindnumbing. very good game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I know, that's what I told EricBess privately. I KNEW after I sent in my answers that I should have put Wolverine in, that more people would have picked him than Angel or someone else.

I think this game is better than mine... :)

E

EricBess

Okay, now that everyone knows who it was that put Archangel ;) I'll just make one small comment: Ransac, I think you are doomed to fall just short of the points every round. Here's the thing - even if you had put Angel instead of Archangel, that would have given you and extra 5 points and put you at 40 with all the other 3rd place people, right? Well, not quite. It actually would have given all of them one more point. You would have been at 40, but they would all have been at 41...

So, like I mentioned earlier, it really wouldn't have affected your standings. You're just cursed or something ;)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I am very confused on this game. Let me get this straight.

You can win this game if you just pick the answer that everybody else chooses, even if the most popular ones are the wrong answers (i.e. Wolverine was not one of the original X-men), am I correct?

I think I'll do better at this game now.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You have to think what the majority of the other players will say. If you think most are comic buffs and would nail that question with all of the original X-men, you put down all of them. If you think they won't know it and put down the well-known ones, you gotta try and match it, even though it's technically the "wrong" answer.

C

Chaos Turtle

"What Were You Thinking?"

As in, "What the hell were you thinking!? Wolverine wasn't an original X-Man!"

It's what makes the game so fun and refreshing. No amount of search engine technology is going to tell you what everyone else is going to guess. :)

For my part, I also mentioned in my PM that I was "playing it safe" by naming the actual original characters. Though in retrospect, Wolverine was obviously a superior choice. :p