WWTY - Round 2 results

E

EricBess

Okay, this time, I know it's Friday.

I'm going to adjust what I said earlier. I know that I said that any variation would be considered a different answer. However, I think that intent is still the most important thing and it only affects 1 answer. Basically, I'm considering "L8er" to be the same as "L8r". The only scoring difference based on this decision is that it BPC ends up joining the tie for 4th place. If anyone wants to insist on him not getting his deserved (imho - which no one said) point, take it up with him when he gets back :D

I loved some of these answers. Too bad some of the more creative ones were also not worth as much. One thing is for sure, people apparently love to laugh when they are texting.

LOL - 10 guess this was a given and everyone put it
ROFL - 8 apparently, Melkor and train don't rof when l'ing
BRB - 6
LMAO - 3 Mooseman, turgy, and Ransac, on the other hand...
OMG - 3
WTF - 3
GTG - 3
L8r/L8er - 3
:) - 2
U - 2

And, the 1-point list:
Cya, Gr8, :(, :), BBL, AFK, and the similar, but very different AFAIK

And so no one calls shenanigans on not counting :) the same as :), they were both submitted by the same person.

Who scored big this time?
turgy22 - 30 (5) - maxed out. nice job
Spiderman - 29 (3) - U got U. Still, better than POS (point of sale?)
Ransac - 28 (2)
Mooseman - 27 (1)
rokapoke - 27 (1)
Budget Player Cadet - 27 (1)
BigBlue - 26
Modus Pwnens - 26
train - 25 - again the bridesmaid. Try more ROF....come to think of it, that might be the problem :eek:
Melkor - 15 - guess the similies weren't hugely popular, sorry.

And the scoring update, turgy now with a definite lead, but rokapoke refusing to give up so easily:

turgy22 - 8
rokapoke - 6
Spiderman - 3
BigBlue - 2
Ransac - 2
Budget Player Cadet - 1
Melkor - 1
Mooseman - 1
train - 0
Modus Pwnens - 0

B

BigBlue

How could I forget brb..... dangit... that cost me points...

E

EricBess

Well, at least now nobody feels bad about losing to turgy. This is clearly a second language to him. :D

Melkor

And an affront to the English language, and I for one have refused to make use of these blasphemous abbreviations of the pure beauty of my mother tongue.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
POS = Parent Over Shoulder

You might have to know that one sometime, EB... :)

Missed the tie for first place by one point... :(

T

train

man - texting is definitely my weak spot... especially when yu have a half of full qwerty, and things get typed out as fast as some texting can happen...

oh well...