Wumpus?

• Thread starter Thallid Ice Cream Man
  • Start date
T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

"As the "one new card from every expansion" gimmick was being fleshed out for Eighth Edition, Thrashing Wumpus was kicked out of the set in favor of the Plaguelord."
--Today's Card of the Day for Phyrexian Plaguelord.

I do not like this Sam-I-Am.
I just like the Wumpus better.
What about you people?

Killer Joe

The Wumpus is a better card but maybe a little too broken for the core set environment. You can wipe out nearly every creature on the board in one fell swoop. Not with the Plaguelord though.

BTW, I have 4 Thrashing Wumpus for trade.

I

Istanbul

I love Thrashing Wumpus. It is SO sexay...

...but I also realize that it's basically a Pyroclasm on command, and that the core set doesn't need a creature like Thrashing Wumpus to screw up the power curve.

Le-sigh.

A

Apollo

I love Wumpuses (or Wumpi) of all shapes and sizes, and am therefore heartbroken. The Plaguelord is cool and all, but it just doesn't have that... wumpiness about it, y'know?

O

orgg

Originally posted by Apollo
I love Wumpuses (or Wumpi) of all shapes and sizes, and am therefore heartbroken. The Plaguelord is cool and all, but it just doesn't have that... wumpiness about it, y'know?
...you dirty bird.

:eek:

N

Notepad

It does seem like a silly choice. Notice how they never say why these cards are great, they're just makreting their choices as "Cool because they're old stuff that's back!" as if we're supposed to fall for such a stupid gimmick.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's not what they're saying; they're saying a new card that hasn't been reprinted before is back.

Never really played with either so no opinion.

M

Mikeymike

I like the Plaguelord better myself. The Wumpus is no doubt a better card, but it doesn't have the skill factor to get it to work that the Plaguelord does.

I like both and I play both, but I always enjoy playing the Plaguelord.

M

Mr_Pestilence

Yup, I'm stunned.

I like the plaguelord just fine, but of course I LOVE Thrashing Wumpus.

Mebbe Pestilence will be back in the next standalone...? Please...?