WOW; been awhile! Hello to those who remember me!

13NoVa

WOW! y account is still active here!

What's up to those of you who remember me!? Spiderman, Ransac!

I have moved from Casual to competitive vintage play lately. I top8ed champs in 2008 and have made a name for myself in the format. Hopefully some of you will follow the Eternal Weekend next week and hopefully I will do well with the new list I'm unveiling, and you guys who remember me can watch some fun games!

Take care everyone I used to know here!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey 13NoVa! Of course I remember you! Glad you dropped in! Yeah, I remember you were doing Vintage when you left... what do you think of the format now? One deck/style dominant or varied? Oversoul has a particular interest in Vintage although he doesn't play (I think)...

B

BigBlue

Geez... look at all the folks returning once in a while.

Good luck Nova!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Sorry, I didn't see this earlier. Yep, I sure do remember you. And you were playing Doomsday at GenCon, right? I've always had a soft spot for Doomsday. Did you bring a Doomsday deck to the tournament this past weekend, or were you playing something else?

Hey 13NoVa! Of course I remember you! Glad you dropped in! Yeah, I remember you were doing Vintage when you left... what do you think of the format now? One deck/style dominant or varied? Oversoul has a particular interest in Vintage although he doesn't play (I think)...
Yeah, I have never attended a large Vintage tournament. At least, not so far. In previous years I thought, "Maybe I'll get around to that" and it never happened. But to be fair, of the ten years I've been at the CPA, I've been in school for nine of them (2009 was a bizarre year in which I didn't attend any college and had a steady job the whole time—crazy). And since that will no longer be true, I may finally get to actually play in Magic tournaments more regularly than my "hit up a small tournament every few years because some friends managed to drag me to one" schedule. At the moment I'm in a bit of a limbo between focus on Legacy and on Vintage. So we'll see!

Oh, as for the diversity in the format, I think it's pretty good. For the Vintage Championships that 13NoVa was talking about, the Top 8 consisted of two RUG Delver decks, a Dredge deck, a merfolk deck (which won), an Oath deck, a Storm deck, a blue/white control deck, and a blue/black/green control deck with a red splash.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
"blue/black/green control deck with a red splash" Did KJ play in that one? Sounds just like his builds.

13NoVa

I did play Doomsday at Gencon and took 2nd in one of the ~50 person events. I also played it at Eternal Weekend and took 23rd. Not really respectable, but I will settle with it.

Interesting story: I am the person that designed the Vintage Rug Delver deck :) My primer from 2012 is on www.eternalcentral.com.

Killer Joe

Hahahaha, silly old man, I would NEVER play a four color deck, three? Yes. Five? Yes. Heck, I've been playing two and mono-colored ones as of late but never four color, that's just too weird for me.