Wouldn't you like to find one of these in your closet.

Would you like to find a sealed Unlimited "starter" box in the back of your closet?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Don't care.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
C

Chaos Turtle

Well, considering the current bid is $415... I sure as heck would love to find one of those in my closet. I could really use $415 right now.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I could definitely use $415 right now, but I'd be too tempted to take the cards and play them without using sleeves just to irritate others. And it would too, stupid people...

I'd still like to find it in my closet. Don't know how it could have gotten there, since I cleaned the thing out recently and only found a 5th edition play guide...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe Mikey and Scully from Monsters Inc. put it there...

Definitely would love to find one of them but also torn whether to play with the cards or get money...

N

Nightstalkers

Real neat find tho...

I just hope none of you guys get the itch to go into a store and opt for some "fall cleaning" just to treasure hunt for these old things.

M

Mr_Pestilence

1st of all, I'm dubious that this thing is "unopened" or otherwise unviolated. And, your "highly valuable rare" could be a Lifelace or some such.

2nd, why is this price so high?!? Yes, you COULD get a Black Lotus, just like you COULD win the lottery. At this price, you've overpaid even if you get another piece of the P9.

With the current bid of $510, you could buy the Mox of your choice AND get a set of Revised dual lands.

If I "found" it in my closet, I'd definitely sell it.

I

Istanbul

Extremely low.

In fact, the odds that you'll get a card worth more than $10 are pretty low too.

The high bidder is either a complete idiot or the most dedicated collector ever.

T

train

Actually - with all rares the same then, you culd pull multiple cards of power nine status...

T

Tabasco

If you look at the bidders....the German dude aka current top bidder almost put his or her max bid at $44,444.00 ....that would be a funny thing cause you could just keep jacking up the price....

He would be paying like a grand for a stupid pack of cards...

In which case I hope he gets a Lotus and 2 Mox Saphs...cause other wise he really got ripped.

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Oversoul
What are the odds that you get a piece of the P9 anyway?
If I'm doing the math right, then I think about 23% or close to it - which is actually higher than I though it would be

117 Rares in Unlimited
9 target cards
3 cards in the box

9*3
----- = 0.23 or 23%

Sounds like a waste of $510 to me, considering that only 1 of the P9 is actually worth $510.

The odds of getting 2 of the P9? A little better than 1%.

T

train

I'd like to note that those are odds based on"even" distribution...

There were, up to 4th edition, Rare packs, that were all rares...

And there were also uneven distributions at the time.

Chances of being a rare pack - small...

Chances of uneven distribution high...

I'd say that ll that taken into account - chances of pulling 2 power nines are at about 10 percent...

You didn't count the beta - but not in alpha cards did you MM? volcanic island is a rare changing the number if so... (though not by much)