WOTC Free Decks: Spidey (R/G) vs Oversoul (W/B)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Done.

Spidey: 8
Hand: 3
Library: 45
In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Forest x2

(U) Raging Goblin (1/1; Haste)
(U) Rootwalla (2/2; 1G: ~ gets +2/+2 ueot. Play this ability only once each turn)
(U) Mudbottom Torchrunner (1/1; When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, it deals 3 dmg to target creature or player)
(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(S) Giant Spider (2/4; Reach)

Graveyard: Craw Wurm, Rampant Growth, Mudbrawler Cohort
RFG:

Oversoul: 11
Library: 44
In Play:
-(T,T,U) Plains x3
-(T,U,U) Swamp x3

-(U) Honor Guard (1/1; W: +0/+1 ueot)
-(U) Steadfast Guard (2/2; vigilance)
-(U) Ravenous Rats (1/1)
-(U,S) Wild Griffin (2/2; flying) x2
-(U) Loxodon Mystic (3/3; W,T: tap target creature)

Graveyard: Highway Robber
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Tar Pitcher

Done

Spidey: 8
In Play:

(T,T) Mt x2
(T,T) Forest x2

(U) Raging Goblin (1/1; Haste)
(U) Rootwalla (2/2; 1G: ~ gets +2/+2 ueot. Play this ability only once each turn)
(U) Mudbottom Torchrunner (1/1; When ~ is put into a graveyard from play, it deals 3 dmg to target creature or player)
(U) Grizzly Bears (2/2)
(U) Giant Spider (2/4; Reach)
(S) Tar Pitcher (2/2; T, Sac a Goblin: ~ deals 2 dmg to target creature or player)

Graveyard: Craw Wurm, Rampant Growth, Mudbrawler Cohort
RFG:

Oversoul: 11
In Play:
-(T,T,U) Plains x3
-(T,U,U) Swamp x3

-(U) Honor Guard (1/1; W: +0/+1 ueot)
-(U) Steadfast Guard (2/2; vigilance)
-(U) Ravenous Rats (1/1)
-(U,S) Wild Griffin (2/2; flying) x2
-(U) Loxodon Mystic (3/3; W,T: tap target creature)

Graveyard: Highway Robber
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EOT activate Mystic to tap Spider.

UUD, Swamp, Serra's Embrace on Loxodon Mystic, attack with Mystic and both Griffins, responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Nope. That's game, isn't it? Good one... I just needed more land and removal in the beginning...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I thought I was going to lose a damage race, but then apparently your deck got lame draws for a while or something. I would think R/G should outrace W/B usually, but who knows?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I had the Giant Spider for the longest time but lacked the fourth mana to cast it until I got that Rampant Growth, which was a few turns too late. Ah well.

Do you want to play more of these or switch over to the M10 Precons? Or take a break?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I don't think I want to play this same deck again, but I could switch to another one (apparently each color deck is identical and we have lists somewhere?) or we could do M10, which I'm interested in but I think I still need the new Apprentice patch to do that. On the other hand, I should really get my BYOS decklist and just do our match with that first, although I suppose we could do both. And then there's the Planechase thing...

I'll figure something out when I get home from work later today.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the decklists are somewhere in the General forum. That's where I copied from.

I'll go with whatever you want to do :)