WOTC Free Decks: Spidey (Blue) vs Mooseman (Green)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Cancel the Rootwalla and pay 1 to use the Initiate's ability, targeting you of course. Responses? Cards revealed? Still done?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Ponder, paying 1 for the Initiate's ability targeting you
Look at the 3 cards and put them back and shuffle my library, drawing a card
Island

Done

Spidey: 15
Hand: 4
Library: 12
In Play:

(T,T,U,U,U,U) Island x6

(U) Wall of Air (1/5, defender, flying)

(U) Drowner Initiate (1/1, Whenever a player plays a blue spell, I may pay 1. If I do, target player puts the top 2 cards of his library into his graveyard)

Graveyard: Sift, Peek, Merrow Witsniper, Persuasion, Cancel, Ponder
RFG:

Mooseman: 18
Hand: 3
Library: 12 (10)
In Play:

(UUUTTT) Forest x6

(U) Giant Spider (2/4, Reach)

Graveyard: Giant Spider, Rampant Growth, Grizzly Bears, Spined Wurm, Crabapple Cohort, Rootwalla, Forest x2, two more library cards
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Craw Wurm and crabapple Cohort
Untap, upkeep, Draw
Craw Wurm
Done

In Play:

(T,T,U,U,U,U) Island x6

(U) Drowner Initiate (1/1, Whenever a player plays a blue spell, I may pay 1. If I do, target player puts the top 2 cards of his library into his graveyard)

RFG:

Library: 9
In Play:

(TTTTTT) Forest x6

(S) Craw Wurm (6/4)

Graveyard: Giant Spider, Rampant Growth, Grizzly Bears, Spined Wurm, Crabapple Cohort, Rootwalla, Forest x2, Craw Wurm, Crabapple Cohort
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Still done

In Play:

(T,T,U,U,U,U) Island x6

RFG:

Library:7
In Play:

(TTTTTT) Forest x6

Graveyard: Giant Spider, Rampant Growth, Grizzly Bears, Spined Wurm, Crabapple Cohort, Rootwalla, Forest x2, Craw Wurm, Crabapple Cohort, Craw Wurm, forest, Naturalize
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, Draw

Lumengrid Warden, paying an extra 1 for the Initiate and targeting you

Done

Library: 11
In Play:

(T,T,T,U,U,U) Island x6

(S) Lumengrid Warden (1/3)

Graveyard: Sift, Peek, Merrow Witsniper, Persuasion, Cancel, Ponder, Remove Soul
RFG:

Library:7 (5)
In Play:

(TTTTTT) Forest x6

Graveyard: Giant Spider, Rampant Growth, Grizzly Bears, Spined Wurm, Crabapple Cohort, Rootwalla, Forest x2, Craw Wurm, Crabapple Cohort, Craw Wurm, Forest, Naturalize, Two cards from library
RFG:

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Don't see any win condition in the next 2 turns
You hit the only chance in this deck "Overrun"...... and I drew rampant growth
I have blanchwood armor in my hand, but even making the spider an 8/10 wouldn't win the game......
There is a lot of denial in that deck.... the Initiate is broken in this thin deck format w/out removal........

What's next?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I opted to go for decking you since my creatures suck and your Spider's Reach pretty much negates my fliers.

Well, those were the two decks I got in the mail so now I'll have to put the others in Apprentice or Excel... but I guess I'll go for one of the red ones next.