Worst names.

E

evan d

Some of the terrible names I have seen for people:
Phil Mc Cracken
Mike Rotchtekel
Dick Ceman
Clay Terris

Who ever these people parents are should be punished.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
evan d said:
Some of the terrible names I have seen for people:
Phil Mc Cracken
Mike Rotchtekel
Dick Ceman
Clay Terris

Who ever these people parents are should be punished.
All of those look like nicknames to me. Phil is usually short for Phillip. Mike is short for Michael. Dick is a shortening of Richard (somehow). I think Clay is often short for Clayton. So it seems quite likely that the parents didn't give them those names exactly...

My friend's ex-boyfriend's last name was "Merrifield." I thought it was a lot funnier than she did...

E

evan d

Oversoul said:
My friend's ex-boyfriend's last name was "Merrifield." I thought it was a lot funnier than she did...
I don't get it.

I

Istanbul

Actually, he's still 15 because only fifteen years have passed since he was born.

D

DarthFerret

Good Point Istanbul. Btw, just noticed you live in Dallas. Howdy Neighbor!

N

Nightstalkers

There is a mall up here that is named Clay Terrace...

Just thought that would be interesting input.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'm 33 and I don't get it.

It reminds me of that game Mad or Word Gab which I was horrible at... :)

E

evan d

Clay is funny when over the school system they say it wrong.

E

evan d

Clay terris is pronounced as it would sound in reference to a part on something I am not.

Hint: Say it as one word.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
evan d said:
Clay terris is pronounced as it would sound in reference to a part on something I am not.

What Spidey is pointing out, is that "clay" sounds nothing like the unstressed "cli" or whatever. There isn't really any way to make it sound like what you're trying to make it sound...

E

evan d

True... I just still find it a little bit funny, that and them stumbling over Diehnelt.

D

DarthFerret

How about the name Holden McGroin? Or Seymore Hiney?...I know...I know....corny but what the heck?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
evan d said:

Ah, okay. I got it now. Yep, it's just like that Mad Gab game...

D

DarthFerret

Only have one thing left to say: (Advance apology to any ladies reading this)

Mike Hunt

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
This isn't like those others, but I think "John" is a particularly horrible name. It's pretty common (probably someone here has it) for some reason, considering that a "John" can be a customer for a prositute OR a toilet. Neither one of those is particularly appealing...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I think you're confusing cause and effect there, Oversoul...at least as far as the prostitute's customers are concerned...;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I didn't mean to imply that I was attributing a cause there...

But it looks like someone is... ;)