Worst insult I've had in a long time...

R

Reverend Love

A friend of mine said I remind of Patrick the Starfish from the Sponge Bob Squarepants cartoon.

I've been called every word under the sun, rightfully so sometimes. But to be compared to not only an animal with no brain, but a stupid animal with no brain actually ticked me off a little. I did have a good laugh out of though.

Thought I'd share this for no paticular reason.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Did he mean you reminded him of the whole character or just certain parts, like his laugh or something? :p

T

train

yeah - cause if you remind him of the whole and not just a part like the butt, then it's not so bad...

of course - you could easily let them they which character they remind you of...;)

R

Reverend Love

I don't know. When I pressed him he wouldn't give me a firm answer. As is his way.

Ferret

Staff member
I just something on the news today that made me laugh (please, no references to prior threads from those that know what I mean), but SpongeBob (along w/ Barney, and some other kids' shows) are being trageted as shows that are trying to promote tolerance to gays. I just couldn't stop laughing when I heard about this...

-Ferret

"Didn't they already do this w/ TellyTubbys?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Out of curiosity, what is the explanation for THAT? I haven't seen the show a ton of times but I never once saw a reference to homosexuality...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I saw/read that article too. I just skimmed over it, but the gist is that it seems "tolerance" of any type is equated with promoting the gay lifestyle. What Ferret said about it tolerating the gay lifestyle is obviously true; that's what tolerance is. But promoting it? Some people just like to make big mountains out of... nothing, in this case :rolleyes:

N

Nightstalkers

Worst insult I've gotten is when an ex told me that I "don't care"

I stopped her from going out with her new boyfriend... who was high... I got her to stay but he totalled his car and killed himself when he went into an episode from the drugs in his system.

T

train

Well... I'm glad you "didn't care"... and apparently she didn't either...

sad to know there are people like that...