Worship

Discussion in 'Single Card Strategies' started by Killer Joe, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Killer Joe Active Member

Okay, I have mistakenly allowed my opponent to play Worship, he also has the Gold G/W enchantment that protects other enchantments AND that Gold card that produces 2x 1/1 Goblins if you sac a land.
    Having foolishly allowed ALL of this to happen, how do I get rid of this combo?
    I am playing Blue/Green control (non-prison), I am with many counterspells and bouncing stuff like Repulse, Rushing River and Evacuation.
    Should I be packing Tranquility in my sideboard?
  2. rkoelsch Angel Boy

If you don't depend on enchantments like opposition or burst then yes. I would even play 1 or 2 main with all the enchantments Burst, opposition and others.
  3. Killer Joe Active Member

The only permanents I use are creatures and lands, and I do have two slots for utilities. Maybe I can fill them with Tranquilitiy.
  4. Landkiller CPA Menace

Before you play Tranquility, look into the other versions of this effect and see which will fit your deck best.
  5. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I don't know what cards are current for your environment, but Tranquility definitely came to mind. And I echo Landkiller's suggestion.
  6. Killer Joe Active Member

I think it's from Planeshift, but it's a Tranquility with a cantrip.
  7. Lotus Mox New Member

The best Tranquility Variant is by far Root Greevil :rolleyes:

Tranquil Path is from Apocalypse, and could be okay, if the 5 mana cost isn't a problem, which it shouldn't be in the late game.
  8. rkoelsch Angel Boy

I think that is it but it has an acc of giving 6 life to opponent but if they are setting at 1 from worship that puts them at 7 withc should be doable in one turn.
  9. Thallid Ice Cream Man 21sT CeNTuRy sChIZoId MaN

Is Tranquil Grove in 7th? If so, it could work too.

Lotus Mox is right; a Root Greevil for White would have destroyed all those enchantments.